Chapter 11 - The First Day Of A Long Week

Elias ^

(btw i hate how high the quiff is imagine it shorter lol)

wordcount: 4974

-

Monday 26th

It was officially half term, meaning no school for an entire week! Though that just meant she had to work longer hours at the Aquino estate. And that would mean that all the boys would be home unless they had some specific event they were attending.

To say the least, (Y/n) was not excited.

She wasn't too sure if she would work longer hours this week as there was no school. But surely it would just be doing chores then leaving? She rang the doorbell and waited for a response from Giovanna to let her in. (Y/n) had yet to earn status and trust for a key.

The Buzzer for the gate went off almost immediately and (Y/n) welcomed herself in. Strolling towards the front door, (Y/n) was about to place her hand on the doorknob when the door opened by itself. Gregory revealed himself on the other side.

Surprised, (Y/n) gasped at his sudden appearance and him encompassing her personal space but laughed it off, "Oh, Greg, you startled me there for a sec, how are you?"

Greg beamed and opened the door wide for her to walk through, "Oh, splendid, now that your here." (Y/n) walked through and chuckled at his comment, "How is your eye?" He ask seriously but also gently, expression concern like a mother would for a child. He wanted to caress his fingers over her skin, feeling the damage.

"Oh." (Y/n) rubbed her hand against her cheek. "It's getting better, Elias actually gave me some cream, and it's actually really helpful." (Y/n) smiled softly at the effects of the miracle cream. Greg, however, soured.

"Elias?" He asked, trying to hide his bitterness but not effectively executed. Since when did they converse?

"Oh, I ran into him yesterday, he's friends with one of my friends, so I guess we're sort of... friendly acquaintances, I also ran into him in here, so, I know he lives here."

For a moment, Gregory absorbed this new piece of information. He had only just realised that (Y/n) was bound to run into the other boys who lived in this house. Crossing his arms, he had only just realised that that would be a problem.

Wait. Why did he even care? He gave (Y/n) this job so she could earn some money; he felt bad that he indirectly caused (Y/n) to lose it. He didn't give her the job just so they could hang out. It's not his business if (Y/n) talks to one of the other guys... but he felt like it should be.

(Y/n) stared at the boy in thought who had stopped talking. "Well... I should find Giovanna, you know, to see what she wants me to do today."

Snapping out of his trance, Gregory looked back at (Y/n), "Uh, sure, don't mind me, I'll be in the kitchen if you do need me though." He smiled, but didn't make a step towards the kitchen.

"Uh, okay?" Seeing that he wasn't making a move, (Y/n) left the foyer herself.

It was only when (Y/n) ventured upstairs and disappeared that Gregory headed towards the kitchen, planning on making some delicious food.

(Y/n) knew that Giovanna would most likely be in her room. She knocked gently and waited for a reply, and the door was shortly opened.

"Ah, (Y/n), you're here early." She was in a nightgown.

"Sorry!" (Y/n) gasped, "I just have a week off school, so I thought I should come here earlier, should I have not?"

"Well." Gia muttered something in Italian, "More mess would be created later in the day, so I guess coming earlier would mean less work to clear up, you're a smart one capretto."