Chapter 5 - A New Job

Alex ^

word count; 3914

Wednesday 21st

School on Wednesday was uneventful for the most part. (Y/n) had gotten a new job, although she would rather die than tell her friends about it

So when after school rolled around, she got off a much earlier bus stop than usual to arrive at the Aquino Mansion. Having been to the party, she remembered the address and took a few minutes to arrive. With the October weather, the sun was already starting to set, "Great." (Y/n) muttered under her breath, not being a fan of having to take the bus home after dark.

She arrived at the front gate but found it to locked, pulling on the black metal for a few seconds and then looked over to her left to see a buzzer, so she went to press it.

"Hello?" A voice spoke out of the buzzer.

"Uhh, hi..." (Y/n) wavered, "I'm (Y/n) (L/n)... Gregory invited me." She spoke into the buzzer.

There was silence for a few seconds and (Y/n) thought they would not let her through.

But then the gate opened.

"Ah, thanks..." She said but forgot to press the button that allows you to communicate, so they didn't hear her gratitude.

(Y/n) tiptoed into the estate and made her way into the foyer, twirling around to see where she was meant to be.

Just then a slightly elderly woman appeared seemingly from nowhere, "Hi, hi... you must be (Y/n)!" She exuded a warm maternal energy.

"Hah, yeah." (Y/n) rubbed her neck, not being the best with extroverted strangers.

"Yes, Mister Gregory told me about you, it's so kind of him to give you a job."

"Haha." (Y/n) rubbed her hands, "Yeah..."

"Anyway, shall we get started?" She clapped her hands to signify them starting and walked towards a door by the stairs.

"Uhh, sure... what's your name, by the way?" (Y/n) dashed towards her.

"Oh, pardon my dear, my name is Giovanna, but you can call me Gia."

(Y/n) looked at her properly, she was a thin woman, with blonde hair that was turning grey. She also noticed a slight Italian accent in her voice, but was too shy to ask about it.

"In here is the supply closet." She the closet door to the right, underneath the stairs. "So all the cleaning equipment is in here, now from what Gregory told me, you wouldn't be working this night, but I hope you don't mind in doing me a minor favour tonight."

"It's no problem, Gia." (Y/n) gave a smile, but was internally hoping that the minor favour would actually be minor and not just Gia trying to under-emphasize.

"Yes, well, you see, there are seven boys living in this house... and teenage boys can sometimes be a lot to handle." (Y/n) laughed, wholeheartedly agreeing, "Well, most of them aren't too much trouble, but someday's..." She pulled out a broom, "I just want to..." she smacked the broom into her hand, "give them some discipline, but, aye-aye-aye, colpire i bambini ora è illegale."

(Y/n) did not understand what she just muttered, and she was too scared to ask.

"Anyway, Sunday is laundry day, but to make your first day easier I want you to go into their rooms and take their laundry basket and bring it down to the washing room... only take the basket though... we have a rule in this house. If the clothes aren't in the basket, the don't get washed, don't let any boy throw his clothes at you, capire?"