Chapter 7 - A Date?

^^ second floor

wordcount: 3261

*****

(Y/n) had finished all of her duties in the house and was just washing her hands as a refresher to signalise the end of work. She looked up from the sink to see herself in the mirror. Her hair was a little dishevelled and under-eye bags were forming from such a long day.

Let's just say there were days when she looked more pretty.

She sauntered down the hall and trotted down the stairs. Gregory was going to give her free food, which caused (Y/n) to add a bounce in her step.

She found him in the living room, "hey." She leaned against the doorframe.

Greg looked up from his book, "hey." He stuffed it in between the sofa and rushed up to escort her outside of the room.

All the cars were parked in a secluded location, a bit of a walk from the actual house. Having cars parked in the garden just seemed to ruin the 'aesthetic' of it.

They travelled to the back of the garden and pondered through a small gate. Greenery encompassed the area as there was only a small dirt walkway that was surrounded with trees. (Y/n) walked ahead of Gregory as the path was too narrow for him to walk beside her.

At some point, there was a diversion, a separate path going off the main path into the trees, but (Y/n) kept walking onward, listening the leaves crunch under her shoes, "where does that path lead to, anyway?" She turned her head around.

Gregory looked back at the path then at her, "Oh, it's a lake, nothing special really."

"Hmm." (Y/n) hummed and carried on in her walk, eventually leaving the dirt and grass and hitting concrete where he parked his car.

"I don't see anyone else's car parked." (Y/n) twirled so she could get a full 360 view of the private car park.

"Well, most of them just like to park on the road and save the walk."

"It's like a two-minute walk?" (Y/n) scoffed and skipped towards Greg's car.

He unlocked his car, "I live with a bunch of sloths." He joked and watched her lips form into a slight grin, an unknown warm feeling stirring up within him from knowing that he made her laugh.

They got in the car and Gregory drove towards his favourite restaurant, pulling up to a steakhouse. (Y/n) snapped out of her trance of just looking out the window when she saw the restaurant, "This is a steakhouse?" (Y/n)'s voice quivered, "I thought you said we're going to some 'burger place'."

Greg grinned at her slight concerned pitch, "Steak, burger, comes from the same animal, plus, this place doesn't just do steaks, they do nice burgers." He reassuringly rubbed her arm for a second before getting out of the car.

(Y/n) stared ahead for a few seconds, looking at the sign 'Harrington Steakhouse'. Thinking a 'burger place' would be at Burger Queen or something like that.

Gregory opened her car door and smiled at her, "Coming out?"

"Uh, yeah." (Y/n) quickly unfastened her seatbelt and hopped out the car, Gregory closed the door behind her.

He opened the front door for her and let her walk in before he followed suit, (Y/n) mumbled a thanks.  The interior was nice, classy. Not overtly posh, but still proper. There were brick walls lined with black leather booths. But not the tacky kind of leather that you'd find in the Pizza Shack, the nice kind of leather, like the one in Greg's car. They both sat at a booth, Greg sitting directly opposite of her.