Chapter Thirty-Eight: "You're Hotter Than Megan Fox."

Start from the beginning

My eyes widened. Did I hear her right? “No, I talked to her last night. She said she wants me.”

She grins and decides to play along, “But she called me up this morning and told me the same. And I’m hotter than you.”

I mocked jealously, “what? Am I hearing things right?”

She nods evilly; liking the direction this ‘game’ was going to, “yeah...I mean, isn’t it obvious?” she asks, mostly herself, pointing to her upper torso.

“I’m hotter than you.”

“Nope, I am hotter than you.”

“Oh, really? What’s your basis?”

“Megan Fox told me I’m hot…and she’s drop dead gorgeous so…”

I roll my eyes and proceed to look at the telly, where another scene was playing. This time, it featured Amanda Seyfried.

“You know,” I said casually, “you look like Amanda Seyfried.”

“Oh really?” she tilts her head. “I’ve never really noticed…” her voice fades away.

I nod, glad that the conversation about Jennifer’s Body/Megan Fox/Amanda Seyfried had been forgotten and put to a close. That is, until Chelsea asked me, “Amanda Seyfried or me?”

I scoff, “you, of course.”

“Me or Megan Fox?”

I thought it was good to tease so I pretended to think about it, “oh shit…that’s hard.”

She laughs beside me and I try to remember it.

Chelsea was looking at me anxiously, “so? Me or Megan Fox? This should be easy, Billie.”

“Don’t make me choose, please! It’s hard to choose.”

Chelsea crawled closer and leaned her head on my shoulder, “answer me, Billie.” I shook my head, putting up an act, wondering what would she do to make me answer (or for me to answer that she’s hotter than Megan Fox).

I felt her lips graze the side of my neck as she said, once again, “Billie…please?”

My whole body suddenly became aware of what was happening. She was close…too close…and I felt this warm sensation taking over my body, wondering how the fuck does these things happen.

I shook my head, now struggling to place a smile on my face.

“You’re hotter than Megan Fox,” I ‘assured’ her as she wraps her arms around my neck.