-84-

"Well, too bad we can't do much today."

I pouted, but I wasn't actually disappointed. My man laughed and hugged my form tighter. I was willingly trapped against his chest and between his legs.

"It's good that we can rest. We don't have to do an activity every day. I mean, we just got here the evening before yesterday." I reminded him, tilting my head back to kiss his chin. "To be honest, I'm actually happy we can just hang out on the beach and not do anything super exciting."

"Good," commented Aimé, kissing my head. "I was hoping for some more time like we had last night before bed. Just lazing around with you and having you on top of me feels amazing."

I grinned. "Agreed."

We continued to watch people and remained relaxed with the pleasant atmosphere. Eventually, I wanted to go for a walk along the water's edge, so Aimé and I packed up our stuff. He left me sitting on the beach a few minutes later, having promised me he'd be right back. I watched the waves crash in and listened to the sound of them pushing up onto the sand.

It was honestly so peaceful here. It's making me not want to return home to the madness of our families. I love both sides of my family—Papa and the gang, and Dad and his side—but there was always a lot happening. I'm sure Aimé feels the same. Like he said last night, even I'm getting addicted to being with just him. I hope that we can travel together more and visit all sorts of new places—even ones abroad. I just want to be with my man more.

"Theo."

I looked up to see Aimé standing next to me, his golden-brown skin a bit shiny because of the jogging around he was doing.

"Aimé?" I inquired, looking curiously at my beloved man. "What is it? What's wrong?"

Aimé shook his head. I noticed he had a hand behind his back. I frowned, but my eyes widened when he knelt on both knees next to me and presented a small box.

"Rayiys Theo, I have been contemplating for weeks on how to do this for you. At first, I wanted us in a fancy restaurant with a delicious meal having already been eaten, but I realized that you wouldn't like all of the attention. Then I thought I would do it in front of our families, but that would make you embarrassed. I wanted to do this last night, but I got distracted by just loving you so much." he said with a laugh, and I honestly wanted to kiss him right then because of how cute he sounded.

"Theodore Armel-Viper, over the past eight months we've been together, we have literally gone through hell and back. I thought I'd lost you after the grenade blast, but you came back to life as if it was nothing but a flesh wound after two weeks in a coma. And with the kidnapping revisiting my past trauma and creating new ones for you, I think we've done pretty well surviving all of this together."

I chuckled and reached out to cup his left cheek with my right hand. Aimé turned his head to kiss my wrist, his gorgeous brown-hazel eyes gleaming with a shimmery golden glow for a moment. I blushed when his gaze became intense.

"Aimé?"

He blinked and inhaled deeply, then slowly exhaled. "I get so distracted with just a simple touch. I am insanely obsessed with you, Theo. I honestly cannot ever get enough of being with you, having your lips on mine, sniffing your scent, feeling your skin against mine and your gaze on my form, your arms wrapping around my waist, hearing your voice command me and then hearing it beg me later. There's so much more that I love, but I'll keep it short." he added with a grin, having noticed my red face.

I wanted to say something, but I silenced myself so he could continue.

"I love you, Theo. You are my entire world. You have given me so many choices, opportunities, and chances to make my life better—not just with us, but with other people and even my own family. You helped me become more human and less robotic, but you definitely haven't tamed my beastly side." added Aimé with a smirk, then it deepened when my face flushed scarlet.