-21-

"Theodore!"

I caught sight of Anta waving at me. I hurried over to her with her son in tow. I gave her a one-armed hug.

"I'm so sorry we're late, Anta."

She shook her head. "I know something must have kept you two. Tell me what happened."

Noticing my discomfort, Aimé stepped forward and gently moved his mother aside to speak with her while I greeted his father.

"Hello again, Désiré." I said with a small smile.

He patted my shoulder. "Hello, Theodore. Is all well?"

"It is now," I responded quietly. "Thank you for inviting Papa, Trent, and I to dinner with you all."

Désiré smiled. "You are more than welcome. Besides, it's worth it to see the smile on you two boys' faces. My son is overjoyed, honestly."

"So am I." I replied with a grin.

He lightly grasped my shoulder and stated, "There are two people I want you to meet. My wife's and my own right-hand men. You might see them around in the future with this more tightly knit alliance."

"All right."

Désiré ushered two men forward. "This is Anta's right-hand man," he said, holding his fingers on the dark-skinned man's shoulder. "His name is Amen-Ra."

I politely dipped my head and held out my hand. The man was definitely of Anta's birthplace with the familiar dark brown skin with the gold tones, but the colors were deeper than Aimé's skin tone. But my Aimé will probably always be the most beautiful to me.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I said in a soft voice. "My name is Theodore."

Amen-Ra glanced over my body and looked away, stepping back with a disgruntled expression. I cocked my head to the side ever so slightly, then righted it as Désiré introduced his right-hand man.

"This is my loyal aide and confidant, Fiacre. He's from France, like me, and I've known him since my teenage years."

Fiacre's dark brown eyes and nearly pitch black hair were quite pretty. His skin was on the fair side, but less pale than myself.

"It's nice to meet you, Theodore. I am sorry I couldn't meet you the night before last since I heard from Désiré about the challenge you won."

I chuckled as I shook his offered hand. "It wasn't really a challenge. Benjamin wanted a duel, but I wanted it to be over and done with as fast as possible."

Fiacre smirked. "Benjamin is a pain in the ass, so I'm happy you gave him a groin shot."

My laugh caught Aimé's attention as he was walking towards us, so he hurried over and dragged my body away from Fiacre. "Mine, don't touch." he growled, glaring fiercely at his father's right-hand man.

Fiacre held his hands up in surrender. "Hey, no need to get angry. I was just saying hello."

I reached up and stroked Aimè's cheek with my knuckles. "Ssh, it's all right. I understand you're agitated because of what happened earlier, but this person is a part of your family."

Aimé huffed and nosed my hair, inhaling deeply of my scent behind my ear. He squeezed my body one last time before he relaxed. I turned around and hugged him again, my soft croon of his name calming him completely.

Suddenly, a low whistle broke the gentle mood. Aimé grunted and kissed my head when Fiacre began to clap with a broad smile on his face. "Now, that was impressive. The young master certainly trusts you for him to calm down with just that level of soothing. There were no kisses of any kind."