-42-

I bit my lip as I slowly climbed off the hospital bed. Aimé had bounced from the room to retrieve the pudding he'd bought earlier, so I wanted to get down on my own. He's been babying me while my back has been healing from the burns and the puncture wound my chest received. Luckily, my head is fine now.

But I'm tired of it—this "healing" process.

For the first couple weeks after awakening in the hospital, I was in excruciating pain because my skin had to keep being scraped off for the recovery process. I missed the first two weeks thanks to being in an induced coma, and now I understand why. I could have broken Aimé's hand from how hard I was squeezing it, but he kept praising and reassuring me through the tears I shed.

Lately, I've been doing stretches to keep my back's healing from impeding my movements. I have to do it carefully, though, and Aimé has been applying an interesting gel that is made with silver to promote healing of the skin. It was nice and cool, honestly, but it really hurt when he first started applying it because my skin was still really raw. I do enjoy it when he applies it now, even though it still stings a little at first.

I've had groups of three come in four times a day for the past few weeks. One of those groups had Callum, Tyrone, and Jackson in it. They were so sad but thankful to me for what I'd done at the same time. It wasn't just me, though, and I made sure to remind them of it.

Papa went back to work a month ago, but he did video call me at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was missing our time together and I knew he felt the same. Trent did drop by when he could, but he was usually on the video calls with Papa for a few minutes before he was kicked off.

Just as I stepped forward, Aimé returned with the specialty store-bought pudding he'd promised me. He shut the door, then stopped in his tracks when he saw me on my feet without help.

"Aimé—!"

He rushed forward and grabbed me, cupping the back of my head to kiss me senseless. I curled my arms around his neck and shoulders, trying to pull him closer. I gasped between the intense kisses, but I took all that he could give. It was the first intimacy we'd had since the day of the Ivory Tigers' attack around two months ago.

When we couldn't really find time to breathe, our lips parted and we panted. I grinned and gently placed my forehead on his lips. Aimé chuckled and kissed me there, then gently hugged my waist.

"I love you so much," he whispered.

"And I love you so much, my adorable Aimé." I responded quietly, pecking his lips. "I'm looking forward to the day when you can fuck me hard again."

His breath hitched and he began to cough while I smirked into his shoulder. He lightly smacked my ass and I giggled in response while wrapping my left arm around his waist. It still hurt too much to keep my arm raised for long periods.

Aimé purred and kissed my jaw. "I know you've been frustrated lately, Rayiys Theo. I can't help but want to serve every little need because that's a deep desire naturally ingrained in me. And I hate leaving your side."

"I know, Aimé. It's just frustrating to have to be careful. I really want to be connected with you again, but I have to wait at least another week to do it on the bed."

Aimé paused and then suggested, "What about in the bathroom? You can place your hands on the countertop."

"Ooh, that's true." I smiled, then grabbed his hands and slowly led him there. "But you'll definitely have to help me back into bed afterwards."

Aimé's gaze was trained on my backside past the slit in the gown. I was wearing looser underwear due to the burn that curled down to my left hip, but it stopped above my asscheek.