Chapter 4

JAYLEES POV

The next day

I woke up to Xavier placing kisses on my forehead and I smiled "Good morning"
"

Morning baby, sleep well?" he said back.

"yeah good thanks, where were you so late last night?" and without hesitation he replied
"I went to the driving range with Ben and then we went to the pub and got carried away" 

"let me go check in on Jeremiah," I said sitting up.
"no stay he'll be fine," Xavier said pulling my arm.
"no I need to check," I said walking off annoyed.

I gently pushed the door and I saw Jeremiah already up playing with his toy dinosaurs.
"hey my baby" I smiled at him,
"hello mummy" he smiled back.

"Want some breakfast?" I asked him and he nodded.

We walked downstairs and I gave him some brioche sitting him in front of the TV as I went in the other room to call my dad.

"hey how's mum" I smiled at him in the face time, "I'm much better thanks honey," my mum said as I moved the phone back so they could both be in the frame.

"that's good you weren't making sense at all yesterday" I laughed
And she laughed too.
"How was your drive home?" my dad asked and I smiled "It was good thanks, not too much traffic so I got home before it was dark"

Just then Jeremiah came running into the room, "hey, come say hi to Nanny and Grandad" I said and a smile appeared on his face as he bounced next to me.

"Hello!" he smiled excitedly.
"hello Jeremiah," Both my parents said waving.

"you feel okay?" Jeremiah then asked my mum worriedly.
"I'm good thank you, that's very kind" She smiled and I nodded kissing him on the cheek.

"Hey, who are you talking to?" Xavier said walking into the room "My parents" I smiled back and he nodded "Want to say hi?"

"Nah," he said walking out of the room.

"He's a bitch" Jeremiah scoffed and I looked at him in shock as I heard my parents laugh.
"Jeremiah you can't say that! Who taught you that?" I exclaimed trying to hold in my laugh.

"Uncle Jadon" He laughed innocently and I rolled my eyes of course it would be Jadon.
"Well it's naughty and Xavier isn't one" I said and he looked at me with a small smirk.
"I mean it okay Jeremiah?" I said raising my eyebrows.
"Okay," he said before running of out the room.

I picked up my phone again and saw my parents still laughing and I laughed a little, "Okay I need to go get my 13-year-old son ready I'll speak to you guys soon"
"Okay bye honey" They laughed before I ended the call.

I went upstairs and got Jeremiah ready before I got in the shower and cleaned my teeth. When I came out I was met with Xavier's lips crashing into mine and then pushing me against the wall.

He moved from my lips to my neck whilst tugging my towel "No Xavier Jeremiah is just next door" I said between kisses.
"We can be quiet, I don't care" He replied picking up my leg.

"I said no Xavier" I said pushing him off me and taking some clothes, "you bitch" he muttered walking out of the room.

I quickly got dressed before walking down the stairs, "what the fuck is your problem!" I shouted at Xavier who was leaning on the kitchen island.

"do you not love me? Or what?" he sighed at me. "Of course I love you, Xavier, I just want to protect my son!" I exclaimed.

"He wouldn't even notice and if he did he wouldn't understand, every time you always come up with an excuse, I just want you Jaylee, I'm getting tired of waiting," he said angrily.

"waiting?" I laugh angrily "How dumb do you think I am Xavier, I know you don't meet up with Ben, is Ben even real or is that just another lie"

"What are you talking about?" Xavier spat. "I know you're a fucking cheater Xavier! But I love you, I tried to tell myself you were truly meeting up with your friends and that you loved me too but I'm so done with this shit!"

"Jaylee I do love you" Xavier said weakly. "Okay if you love me, why did you do it?" I asked lowering my voice as tears appeared in my eyes.

"I don't know, look I'm sorry Jaylee let's move-" he started saying but I couldn't see any remorse in his eyes or even hear it in his voice. "no, but you're not sorry! When I 'didn't know' you were cheating on me you were never sorry, but now I do you are sorry and want to move on?" I asked raising my voice with tears rolling down my face.

Xavier's mouth opened to say something but the doorbell rang stopping him. I walked out of the room towards the door wiping away my tears before opening the door "Jude?" I asked in shock surprised to see him here.

"Where's  Jeremiah?" he asked angrily. "upstairs why..." I asked unsurely.

I heard a little sound from the stairs and saw Jeremiah walking down with my phone in his hand and tears streaming down his face, "oh my baby, I'm sorry!" I exclaimed realising he must have heard all the shouting and got scared and called Jude.

I went to hug him but he squeezed past me and walked towards Jude who picked him up as he cried into his shoulder, "I'm sorry it's just Xavier-"

"look I don't care what is going on between you and Xavier" Jude said interrupting me "But at least think about Jeremiah, Jaylee I get a call from him crying his eyes out because he's scared of the shouting."

"I'm so sorry my baby," I said to Jeremiah but he didn't lift his head from Jude and I felt a few tears leave my eyes. "Are you okay?" Jude then sighed.

"I'm fine, I'm just dealing with some shit," I said trying to hold back the tears but they kept coming. "Okay look something has obviously happened between you guys so I'll take Jeremiah home with me till it calms down" Jude said and I nodded.
"If you need anything or he does anything call me"

"Okay thank you, Jude, tell Jeremiah I am sorry and didn't mean to scare him as I don't blame him for not wanting to talk to me right now" I sniffed knowing Jeremiah could hear me and Jude nodded.

I closed the door and walked back to the kitchen, "thanks a lot because of all this shouting we scared Jeremiah and he called Jude to come to get him" I said and Xavier just looked at me not saying a word.

"Just leave, please" I sighed and he nodded walking to the front door

"Jaylee I am sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," he said before leaving the house and shutting the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote and comment I would love your feedback! Xx