35

Mila lifted her neck as far as it can go, looking for Soobin in the crowd of graduates.

The sky was blue and the sun was out, beaming hard on everyone in the crowd of families.

Ms. Choi kept her arm safely wrapped around Mila's as she looked around earnestly. She was biting her lip in worry as her eyes ran along everyone's faces.

Her eyes widened a little as she spotted who she was looking for.

"There he is." She said with a small smile, making Mila quickly look at where her eyes were looking.

"Who? Soobin?" Mila questioned softly, before meeting eyes with someone who was his exact replica. "Is that who I think it is? I think it's a little obvious."

"Yeah, Soobin's father." Ms. Choi spoke as she nodded her head, hesitating, before lifting her hand and waving him over.

Mila watched the man smile a little before walking over to them.

"Hello." Ms. Choi was the first one to greet him as she waved at him a little.

Mila gave him an awkward smile and Ms. Choi noticed her uncomfortableness.

"This is Soobin's girlfriend, Mila. You haven't met her yet, have you?"

"I don't think I've even seen her before. It's nice meeting you, Mila." He spoke politely as he extended her hand for her to shake to which she shook without much thought.

But her mind was still jumbled on thoughts about Soobin's reaction to him being here.

From her knowledge, they hadn't talked at all to each other. Even if the man had tried to contact Soobin, he always just ignored him.

"It's great meeting you too sir. We should probably get to some seats, the ceremony is going to start in a few minutes." Mila said quickly as she lifted her head again, trying to spot her tall boyfriend in the seats in front of the stage, but to no avail. "Where is he?"

Ms. Choi nodded her head in agreement as she walked ahead to the seats where all the guests would be seated.

She was quick to find seats, and all three of them sat patiently waiting.

Mila let out a small sigh, before pulling out her phone.

:// Are you sitting there? I don't see you.

:{No.}

Mila furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at her phone in question.

://What do you mean? Isn't the ceremony going to start in a few minutes?

:{Can you come here?}

://Where are you?

{&&&&&&&}

Mila walked quickly in worry, her eyes wondering about the empty gymnasium.

"Soobin?" She called out, receiving no response for a few seconds before his voice was heard.

"I'm here."

Mila looked around, confused, as she tried to spot where his voice had come from.

Her gaze dropped to the spot underneath the bleachers and sighed in relief, quickly walking over.

She kneeled down and practically crawled in her pretty sundress, making him look at her.

"What are you doing in there? You're graduating in like ten minutes, Choi Soobin." She scolded as she reached him, sitting down next to him.