20

"Mail's here." Alda said softly as she snacked on a pack of chips she had played poker for.

Mila didn't look up from the pack of cards she kept dealing as she played Spider with them in the middle of one of the pod tables, occasionally taking a bite of whatever was on her lunch tray.

It had been 6 months since her sentencing and she was slowly starting to get used to it.

Everyone seemed to stay in their own lane. They just don't like when you interfere in those lanes.

Thanks to Alda's friends she had learned who were most of the people she shouldn't talk to, and who she really shouldn't mess with.

The only ones that seemed to not like Mila were Lily and her friends but Mila had resulted on just continuing to ignore her.

She hadn't done much besides petty pushing and stealing her food, but Mila didn't want to discard the possibility and always stayed armed.

"You don't have any mail?" Alda questioned making Mila shake her head. "Yeah, I don't either."

Mila never expected anything in the mail for her, since her father wouldn't send her anything, and her calls had recently been reserved for her grandmother.

Soobin was busy completing his finals, graduation and moving to college. She didn't want to interfere and bring sadness to such cool days.

Mila's eyes analyzed the cards, wondering which one to move but a letter was dropped on top of her cards.

She looked at the guard for a quick second, before looking at the envelope.

"Seems like you have mail." Alda smirked as she placed another chip in her mouth.

Mila tilted her head, before opening it with furrowed eyebrows, her eyes found a paper and a small polaroid.

She felt herself smile softly as her eyes skimmed over the page, tears starting to build.

Dear Mila,

Your father told me that I could send you letters to this address, I didn't know that was possible. But I thought I would update you on things.

We haven't talked in a while, have we? Writing this is so awkward, I've never written a letter before, am I doing okay? Whatever.

Mila's smile grew a little more as she wiped her tears.

"You're doing great." She whispered shakily.

I moved to college! You already know this but I'm just so excited. I'm writing to you from my dorm room. I have two roommates, one is an asshole for now but the other is great. Beomgyu came with me, but he stays in another building, thank God.

Also, this might be very random but I'm sure you'd be entertained to hear this. Do you remember those girls that you had a fight with? One of them is pregnant. The one with the yellow highlights in her hair. I saw the post on her Instagram.

Mila gasped at the news as she smirked in amusement. She's glad Soobin knew she loved gossip.

She could almost imagine his smirk while he wrote this.

I'm sorry I couldn't come visit when you finally got visitation hours, but those were the days I had to move down here. I'm going to be honest to you and I'll say that I cried my eyes out on my way there. I wished you could've been there with me.