23

Alda squinted her eyes as the door to their cell opened and Mila was walked inside.

Her eyes were dull, and her face was pale.

"You're okay. I thought they'd bring you back here, they transferred the girl that hurt you." Alda spoke quickly as Mila's handcuffs were being taken off her wrists. "We kind of missed you here, we didn't have someone to beat at poker constantly."

The cell door locked again and Mila walked over to the bed and sat down, a small frown prominent on her lips.

"Are you scared to be back or something?"

"Soobin and I broke up."

"You got to see him?"

Mila nodded her head as she laid back on the bed.

"What happened? Did he break up with you?"

"I broke up with him."

"Are you stupid? Why?"

"That's the same thing he said." Mila placed the covers over her shoulders as she laid on her back, avoiding the stitches on her side. "But you know better than me why."

Mila turned her head to look at Alda, who only slightly nodded her head.

"I know better than anyone... You don't want him to waste his life waiting for you. You're this confident ticking bomb that takes everyone with her when she blows, and you don't want him in the explosion anymore."

"You compare yourself to a bomb? I use fire that doesn't simmer." Mila chuckled sadly making Alda smirk.

"That's better. Bombs just explode and that's it, but a fire can be tamed with the right amount of water. Even if it doesn't simmer, the flame can get smaller, and more manageable. " She raised her eyebrows in suggestion, making Mila look away.

"What are you implying?"

"Soobin was that water for you. So now what are you going to do when you can't control the fire?"

Mila stared at the ceiling as she thought about her words, but shook her head.

"I would much rather him be free and happy than having to tame me."

"What if he was happy taming you?"

"I don't regret my decision." Mila whispered as she held her hands together.

"For now."

{&&&&&&&}

Mila ate her lunch as she blankly stared at the TV that everyone was crowded around.

She spotted Lily from the corner of her eye, but didn't react as she continued watching the TV.

Lily was smirking with her friends as they looked at Mila, whose side was still tightly bandaged.

Mila turned her head and looked at her, taking a bite of her food as she did.

Lily was surprised that Mila had even turned her head towards her. It was almost like she didn't expect Mila to still be brave enough to face her.

The girl went to sit down with the rest of her friends as she gave Mila a teasing wave.

Alda stared at Mila, who was only staring at Lily with a glare.

Mila placed her utensils on the table and crossed her arms over her chest, standing up.

Alda was about to reach for her, but noticed how calm she seemed to be.

She kept her arms crossed as she walked over to her slowly, looking around at the guards before standing in front of Lily, who still sat on top of the table with a smirk.