17

Soobin heard his phone ringing and he quickly grabbed it, answering the phone.

"This fifteen-minute call is being monitored and recorded for legal purposes." The automated voice said making his eyes widen, noticing who was calling him.

"Mila."

"Hey, baby."

"What happened?" He asked softly as he laid down on his bed with a small sigh.

Mila went quiet for a few seconds before sighing.

"Mr. Min and I fought. He called me an addict and irresponsible, so I went out and stole the coke from a guy in the mart."

"It was coke?!" He questioned as he raised his eyebrows in shock.

She hummed quietly, making Soobin close his eyes.

That's even worse. He thought it was something smaller like weed or something, but cocaine? That was serious enough to get her in a jail with adults, not minors.

"What were you even going to do with that?"

"I don't know, if I'm being honest. Maybe use it." She whispered truthfully.

"Are you okay? Is it bad? How is it? Are you scared?" Soobin questioned in worry as he bit his fingernail.

"I don't get scared over things like this. It's not that bad so far. I'm just craving a cigarette. I have a cellmate, she's pretty... friendly." Mila chuckled softly making Soobin raise his eyebrows.

"What did she do?"

"She warned me not to touch her things and told me not to talk to her out in the pod."

"What were her charges?"

"First degree murder."

Soobin's eyes widened as his heart started beating irregularly.

"What? Can't they move you out of there?"

Mila let out a small giggle. "I was joking. Her charges are the same as mine. She's not scary at all. She's just trying to be."

"Mila, please don't cause trouble in there. This isn't our school, this is the real thing." He begged as he shook his head.

"I won't. Just for you, I won't."

Soobin felt tears in his eyes for a reason that was unknown to him, but he tried to push them back as he looked up at the ceiling.

He felt like he should've stayed with her when she asked him to. Hugged her a little tighter and kissed her a little longer.

His nose was starting to turn red as he placed his hand over his forehead. He couldn't help but let out a sniffle.

"Baby, don't worry about me too much. I can take care of myself. You know how tough I am, don't you?"

Soobin felt his tears fall down the sides of his face as he wondered if she was going to eat well in there, if no one was going to bother her and if she was really going to be safe.

He knew jail wasn't like in the movies but there was a lot that was similar to it.

"The remaining time for this call is six minutes and twenty-five seconds."

"I can't really call as often. They told me that I get two calls every week and a half."

"Fifteen minutes is so little."