37: Boss

"You should think about the consequence
Of your magnetic field being a little too strong"

~-~-~

It had been four days since Chelsea began working under me as the sub-PA. Four days without Mathew being around to guide her and the four most brain-wrecking days of my life.

Even though I had convinced myself that it was easy to handle her at first, she had to understand that work wouldn't be easy all the time. Especially when it came to working for MNCs like mine. I didn't care what her position was. The load was bound to increase, especially in the current month.

"This isn't like the first day!" She groaned after putting Lucy in the cradle. To my relief, our little girl was always quiet in her new cradle.

"Of course it isn't. You have to adapt and improve. That is the fucking purpose of working here," I snapped back. She hadn't planned my meetings for the coming weeks, she hadn't done anything today claiming that she was on the phone with Jim.

I didn't fucking care. As long as she was working under me, she was supposed to work fucking hard.

"You know, it makes sense why so many people resign... You are such a workaholic! You need to calm down, Leo!" She stepped forward to cup my face in her hands.

I moved back and glared at her. "You better get everything done before lunch or you're fired." I stormed out of her room.

Just because she was my wife and new at the job, I was letting her off with threats. If it was Mathew, I would have fired him ten times already. He realized that. Hence, he kept his efficiency high.

***

An hour past one, there was a classic rhythmic knock on my door.

Chelsea.

I sighed.

She didn't even wait till I asked her to come in again. My study at home was a different thing, but at my company, she had to respect certain rules. It didn't help that she looked gorgeous in her short skirt.

"Boss, let's go out for lunch?" She left the door wide open. It was amazing how the thought of food could swing her into a different mood.

"Go ahead. I won't be joining you," I muttered.

The papers scattered in front of me kept me busy. I pressed the tip of my pen against my lips till I felt a warm hand on my back. Chelsea gently caressed her hands up my shoulders and gave them a little squeeze.

"Come on, love," she kissed my neck.

I didn't reply but continued working. My gesture annoyed Chelsea as she tried messing up the papers on my desk.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled and pulled her by the wrist.

"Why are you still mad at me? I did all the things you asked for!" She yelled back.

Employees who walked past my room never failed to glance at us.

"You're here for a reason, Chelsea. To help me work. You will listen to me here and of course, I'll be mad if you continue being insolent." I glared at her.

Chelsea frowned back.

Before I knew it, she held my face in her hands and forced her lips onto mine.

The kiss was wild and lustful.

Did being my sub-PA turn her on so much?

I pulled back just as quickly and pushed her by the waist.

"Out." I clicked my fingers and pointed at the door.