2: Hacked

"So I never really knew you. God, I really tried to
Blindsided, addicted
Felt we could really do this, But really I was foolish
Hindsight, it's obvious"

~-~-~

It had been eight months since I married Chelsea, and she was a month into her third trimester.

She had put on weight everywhere, but it didn't make her too ugly. If she looked fat even after the delivery, I'd have to look for alternatives. The doctor kept me updated regarding our baby boy. He was healthy so far.

"Lara, prepare a room for the baby," I told her while eating breakfast.

"Yes, sir." She smiled.

At work, Chris came over to me with his laptop. I had hired him as my PA after Mathew. "Mr.Xander... It seems like one of your bank accounts has frozen..."

I knitted my brows together, "What? How did that happen?"

"We're working on it, sir... I'll meet with Mr.Tennison from the bank. It will be fixed in 24 hours."

"Get it done quickly." I dismissed him and continued working.

***

After spending two hours in the gym, I headed home to find Chelsea on the couch with a book. "Welcome back," she smiled at me.

"Where's Lara?"

"Left a couple of minutes ago. Something urgent popped up. She said she informed your PA."

I undid my tie and went up to my room to take a shower. When I got out, Chelsea was waiting on the bed.

"Um... Can we go somewhere?"

"What?" I squinted.

"Like a movie or-"

"No."

"But-"

"Stop arguing with me," I glared and put on my clothes.

Today, things had been pretty annoying with the frozen bank account. The last thing I wanted was to put up with Chelsea's tantrums for the rest of my evening.

"We haven't gone anywhere after getting married..." She whispered.

The conversation was starting to get on my nerves.

"I only get to leave the house when you have some event... At least take me for a movie!"

I didn't reply.

"Leo, come on-"

I slapped her.

Never did I imagine that I'd have to physically hurt her, but it had to be done.

"Don't fucking call me that."

She held the side of her face that glowed red. Tears pricked her eyes as she looked up at me, there was a mix of fear and rage in them.

"You're a stripper, and you'll always remain that. You're nothing more to me. Consider yourself lucky for getting to stay in this house, and that's only because I like fucking you! Don't make me go over this again, Chelsea. I swear to God, you're insufferable!" I clenched my fist in her face

"I- I'm sleeping downstairs..." She mumbled and got up to leave.

I grabbed her arm, "You are sleeping in my bed, next to me, like it or not."

She stared at my eyes, terrified, and gulped, "Let me go... Please... You're hurting me..." Her voice cracked.

When I left her arm, she quietly got under the sheets and closed her eyes. I turned off the lights and climbed in next to her. She flinched away when I touched her.