16: Rematch

"Baby, let me love you
I won't ever leave
Promise when you're falling
You can lean on me"

~-~-~

"Shh... Lucy... what made you cry now?" I carried her around in my arms.

"Come to mommy!" Chelsea tried to hold her but Lucy refused to let go of me.

"Button up my shirt," I sighed and Chelsea did as told.

"Lucy, I really need to go outside. I'll give you a long shower when I get back," I kissed her cheek but she kept trying to scratch my face. When I pretended to bite Lucy's tiny fingers, my daughter stared at my face in amusement. Finally, she wasn't crying anymore.

"Rainbow cupcake."

"You stole my word," Chelsea crossed her arms.

"Get my belt," I replied. 

She rolled her eyes and did as told, "Your mother's become so disciplined," I kissed Lucy again. As Chelsea was pulling the belt around me, she dropped a hand inside my jeans in the pretence of tucking my shirt in and stroked the bulge in my boxers.

"I'm already late because of you," I glared.

"Me? What did I do?" She feigned innocence and tucked in the rest of my shirt.

"All done." She buckled my belt and pecked my lips, "Good luck, tiger."

"Leo is bad as it is," I frowned and handed Lucy over.

"Ah just think of it, I call you Leo which means Lion and now I just called-"

I closed the door before she could complete her rambling.

***

"Where are you, Mathew?" I sighed over the phone.

"Two more shelves," he whispered.

When I passed the last two shelves, I found him at an isolated table.

"Why are we meeting in a library?"

"This is embarrassing, Mr.Xander but um... I don't think Mr.Fischer trusts me too much. His men are always following me... And I am very scared of that. I don't want him to see me anywhere with you."

I gave him a good stare. This boy was far more cowardly than I expected. If he stayed like this, my plan could backfire.  But he was my sole option.

"What does Mr.Choi want to talk about?"

"Uh... I don't know the details... But he said that it's very important. He wants to meet you in person."

"Where is he then?"

"He'll be in the States after two weeks," Mathew replied.

"So... I will have to wait till then?"

"I uh... I guess so... I'm sorry Mr.Xander, I didn't purposefully delay the-"

"Whatever Mathew. Stop talking," I sighed and leaned back on the chair, "What do you know about Reed?"

"Well... Only what Mr.Choi has told me..." He mumbled, "To be honest, I think he came out of nowhere. Nobody seems to know much about him, he keeps things very private, and he has his own people to do certain things... And I know that Mr.Choi is very cautious of him."

"Why?"

"I really don't know sir..."

"You don't know anything," I snapped.