9: Orphans

"When your eyes catch mine
I know I talk too much
So give me your two lips
And baby, I'll shut up"

~-~-~

I worked on the cradle for the entire week and Chelsea soon realized what it was. "Daddy's making a cradle for you, princess! He loves you so much!" She walked around me with Lucy in her arms.

"There are nails on the floor, be careful..." I told her and she stared at me in disbelief, "I'm touched." She pretended to wipe tears from her eyes. Chelsea had turned into a baby herself after being around Lucy.

To my relief, she soon disappeared to give our baby a shower, and by Sunday I was nearly done with the cradle. It wasn't perfect and I hated it but Chelsea told me that it was more than enough. I didn't care about her opinion.

My top priority was that the wooden edges shouldn't hurt Lucy. It was too prickly and she could pierce her fingers if we weren't careful.

"You could cover it all with bubble wrap," my wife suggested.

"Do you have it?"

"I've got plenty of it," she smirked and began digging around the junk in her room. Soon enough she pulled out huge sheets of bubble wrap, Chelsea owned an unhealthy number of weird things.

When I wrapped it around the sharp wood, it looked much better and Chelsea covered the plastic with her spare blanket. She filled it with pillows and the cradle looked much cosier than the one at the shop. I laid Lucy inside and she squirmed around due to the sudden change in background.

"Admit it, the bubble wrap was an amazing idea," Chelsea nudged me.

"It might be the only sensible thing that has come out of your head," I replied.

"You are terrible, Leo." She rolled her eyes and collapsed on the bed, "But it was very sweet of you to build a literal cradle."

I climbed onto the bed and hovered over her. With a twinkle in her eyes, Chelsea reached for my face and began caressing my stubble. We hadn't fucked since she told me about Trent but I was not going to forgive her. Not now, not ever.

"Make love to me?" She whispered and leaned up for a kiss. My fingers draped around her neck, forcing her down on the pillow. Chelsea gasped for air and whimpered when I loosened my grip to nip at her neck.

"L-Leo..." Her breathing was shaky when I sucked on her skin.

When she attempted to touch me again, I squeezed her hands above her head and traced my thumb down to her lips.

"No touching."

I unbuttoned her shirt at an agonizing pace and traced my fingers from her neck to her navel. Chelsea's breasts were heaving by the time I unclasped her bra. She couldn't keep herself from squirming when I kissed her hard nipples, she was already wet.

I wanted to torment her in every possible way.

My tongue teased her nipples and she shuddered under me, "Stay still."

I bit her pink skin and she moaned loudly, "Ah! Leo!"

Chelsea opened her eyes blinked when I wasn't teasing her anymore. Withing mere seconds, I slipped my hand into her panties. She arched her back, moaning my name out loud.

"Were you this wet for Trent?"

I flicked her folds while keeping a steady pressure on her nub. She spread her legs further, revealing her wetness.

"P-please..." She begged.

"Answer me."

"No, n-no ah... n-no..."

She moaned when I teased her clit and dragged my tongue along her neck.

"Did you scream his name?"

"For fuck's sake, Leo, no! A-argh! I'm sorry..." Chelsea whimpered.

She bit into the pillow when I pushed three fingers inside her without warning.

"I'm so mad."

My warm breath fanned her neck and she desperately tried to kiss me but I pulled back. I got off the bed and licked my fingers just to drive her insane, it worked every time.

"Where are you going?" She grabbed the edge of my shirt. I could see the panic in her eyes.

"It does not concern you."

I smacked her hand away and walked over to the cradle before gently kissing Lucy's head.

"Please Leo, don't do this to me-"

I slammed the door while leaving.

***

"Where are we going today?" I asked Jim. The boys were always at the back of the truck while I was riding shotgun.

"There's an apartment at the edge of town and we're moving things there," he replied.

It was around seven in the morning and it had rained heavily last night. I could smell the wet road and it felt refreshing for some reason.

Something felt strangely familiar and I looked around the road. Jim was making turns I knew.

"Stop the truck."

"Eh?" He stared at me puzzled.

"Stop the truck!" I yelled and he pulled over by the edge of the road.

"What's wrong with you, now?" Chuck asked as I got out.

"Ballerina?" Jim got out with me.

I stared at the company on the other side of the road. It looked as beautiful as always but I had never noticed it before.

"That's Xander Corp..." Stuart mumbled.

Marble steps led to automatic glass doors that had a fountain on either side. There were beautiful plants around the entrance and my employees looked as fashionable as always. The tall blue building with excellent architecture suddenly felt breathtaking in my eyes.

"You used to work there?" Jim asked me.

"I owned everything and everyone there."

"Damn..." Chase muttered.

That building might be the most beautiful thing after Lucy and Chelsea.

"But how did you end up here, Mr.Xander?" Jay turned to me.

Right then, I saw a black Mercedes pull over outside. Reed got out of it.

"That guy... I'll kill him."

Jim stared at me in horror, "He's the one who made you broke?"

"I don't know but something tells me that he has a huge hand in it. I'll break every bone in that shitty face of his."

The men around me stayed silent because they knew that I never joked.

"Let's just get in the truck and have a happy day at work." He patted my back, "I'll let you pick the radio channel, Ballerina," Jim smiled.