33: Party

"I look into your eyes
You won't stop running through my mind
For the rest of both our lives
You give me butterflies"

~-~-~

I reluctantly cracked my eyes open.

Chelsea was right next to me in my arms, her face nuzzling against my chest. "Good morning," She smiled.

"Morning?"

I couldn't even recognize my voice. Chelsea sucked a sharp breath. "Fuck Leo, you sound so hot every morning," she groaned.

I rolled over and laid on my back. Grabbing my phone from the nightstand, I checked the time. "What?" I sat up in shock.

"Yeah, you slept for over 12 hours. Congratulations!" Chelsea chuckled, "You didn't even stir when I slipped out of your arms last night."

I couldn't remember the last time I slept so well without having to worry about anything.

Chelsea hugged me. "You were finally able to sleep well after so many days," she whispered. "I have a lot of things to do," I pulled away from her. "Okay. I'll go help with breakfast," she pecked my lips.

Chelsea didn't let go though, she kept staring at me. "You're not going?" I whispered back.

She pressed her lips against mine a second time. "I don't want to," my wife shook her head.

"I don't have time for this."

"Kiss me." She pleaded with her eyes, it looked like an attempt to make herself cute.

I held the back of her neck and bit her lower lip, tugging at it. "This is all you'll get for now..." I let go of her and she pouted, "...'Cause I don't plan on going easy tonight."

Even though I was trying to warn her, Chelsea was all cheered up as she bounced out of our room. I smiled, she could be pretty funny at times.

Once I had dressed, I went over to Lucy's room but she wasn't there. "Do you know what this is, sweetheart? Say pancake. Pan-cake" I heard Chelsea pronounce syllables in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mr.Xander," Both Lara and Alvarez greeted me promptly. "I am going to plan a surprise for tonight," Chelsea said while taking a seat next to me with Lucy in her arms.

"What?" I looked up from my plate.

"Yep. There are going to be people over, I'm just warning you."

"Chelsea..."

"Oh come on, it's gonna be fun," she grinned. "You could call those boys too. Danny and Gary. They'll have fun."

"A party?" I scowled.

Parties were the last thing I missed.

"Trust me, Leo." She leaned closer and whispered in my ear, "I'm gonna make tonight extra special."

"I absolutely do not trust you on this," I took another bite of my pancake.

"Hmph, daddy's such a spoiled sport," Chelsea told Lucy.

"Whatever you do, I don't want to see any stupid decorations in the house. You're not going to invite assholes as well, I'll kick everyone out."

"Of course." Chelsea kissed my cheek.

She took my plate after I was done and returned Lucy to my arms. My baby had certainly gotten heavier since I first held her. Lucy had turned seven months old and a part of me was relieved she drank her milk well. But it was very hard to believe that it had already been half a year since she blessed our lives.