Chapter 32: Young Dragon Meeting

“Mingze, are you looking down on me by saying that?”

Seeing Zhang Tuling's determination, Fang Mingze felt helpless. After a moment of silence, he said, “In that case, please don't blame me for being rude!”

Then, he cupped his hands and smiled. “Mingze greets Old Brother Zhang!”

Although he had changed how he addressed Zhang Tuling, his attitude was still very humble.

“Haha! Good, very good. Brother Mingze, please take a seat!”

Zhang Tuling smiled again at the change in greeting. Then, everyone took their seats.

Fang Mingze was arranged to sit to the right of the main seat, which showed how much importance Zhang Tuling placed on Fang Mingze.

After sitting down, one of the slightly fatter Rank-4 teachers suddenly stood up and smiled at Fang Mingze.

“I wonder if Young Master Fang is prepared to participate in the ‘Young Dragon Gathering' of the 13 Southwest Cities half a year later?”

Zhang Tuling did not speak, but he pricked up his ears, waiting for Fang Mingze's reply.

He was the one who had asked the chubby instructor to ask this question. This was also why he needed his help.

This country was built upon martial arts, and martial arts were flourishing. Thus, martial artists naturally had a superior status.

Because of the dangerous environment outside, it could be said that they spared no effort in nurturing martial artists.

Many cities used dojos and Daoist temples to nurture a steady stream of martial artists.

Furthermore, the road of martial arts was difficult. Not only did it require great talent, but it also required endless resources. However, there were so many martial artists that they were as countless as a school of carp moving down a stream.

Thus, resources were limited, and it was impossible to distribute them fairly to everyone. Only the fittest could survive and the strong would have priority over the weak.

The more resources were allocated to the stronger experts, the stronger they would become. Only with more and more experts would they be able to obtain more resources.

Cang City was only average in the entire Langya County. It could even be said to be the weakest city.

After all, as long as one reached the Grandmaster Realm, one could assume the role of the Guardian of the city. As for the Guardian of Cang City, Fang Yuan, he was merely a grandmaster who was at the peak of Rank-7.

Meanwhile, some of the extremely powerful city guards even had the strength of a Rank-9 grandmaster. In comparison, Cang City's strength was indeed not that great.

Furthermore, there was not much that Cang City could distribute in terms of martial resources relative to other cities.

As a result, the Young Dragon Meeting was born in accordance with the situation and gave some hope to the giant cities that were ranked towards the bottom.

As the name suggested, this was a distinguished meeting of young people.

Every dojo, Daoist temple, or person in every giant city could send the members of the young generation to participate in the Young Dragon Meeting.