Chapter 14: Guardian Beast

There was a small pond not far from where Wang Yi was. It wasn't that large, and within it, there was a spiritual spring. There was endless spiritual essence rising from it, accompanied by white brilliance.

In this dark night, the surroundings were illuminated, forming a domain of light.

Above the pool, there was a seven-colored lotus flower. As the spirit qi surged, the flower continuously swayed and undulated. The seven-colored light that the flower emitted was like pollen that scattered into the surroundings. It was incomparably beautiful and alluring.

This was the ‘Seven-Colored Heaven Ascension Stage' that Wang Yi had previously mentioned. This was also his goal.

It was ranked as the best in the Spiritual Food Catalog. According to the description, this item often grew in places where spiritual energy gathered. It gave birth to one petal every ten years and ripened every seventy years.

One first had to pluck the seven-colored petals and use a secret technique to refine them into a medicinal liquid. Then, when the liquid was dripped into other dishes when cooking, it could add a strange fragrance that greatly increased the taste of the spiritual food.

Of course, the Seven-Colored Heaven Ascension Stage was far more than just this. It was also a martial arts treasure.

It also contained a massive amount of energy. If an early Rank-8 expert consumed it, it would allow them to advance to Rank-9 in a short period of time without any side effects.

It had to be known that although advancing from Rank-8 to Rank-9 did not involve crossing tiers, it was still extremely difficult. Perhaps there were some people who would spend their entire lives without being able to do so. Thus, one could imagine how precious this flower was. If it were to appear in the outside world, it would definitely cause a storm of blood.

Furthermore, this was only its secondary function. There was an even more important function.

After a peak Rank-9 expert consumed it, when they faced the nine stone steps in the Phala Space, an additional seven-colored stone step would be condensed, forming the tenth stone step.

This was the origin of its name, ‘Seven Color Heaven Ascension Stage.'

If it was obtained by a Rank-9 expert who did not have a solid cultivation foundation and whose nine stone steps were not powerful enough to allow them to reach the Connate Phala, it was very likely that they could use this additional step to pluck the Connate Phala. Then, they would enter the legendary realm that everyone dreamed about.

If advancing from Rank-8 to Rank-9 was like walking alone on a wooden bridge, with strength or enough luck, there was still some chance of success.

As for advancing from Rank-9 to the Connate Realm, it was like walking on a tightrope. Unless one was strong enough, there was no luck to speak of. If one couldn't do it, then they simply could not do it.

If those experts who were stuck at peak Rank-9 knew about this, it wouldn't be as simple as a bloody storm. A million corpses would be nothing.

After all, this was a chance to live forever. Who would be willing to give it up so easily?

As the saying went, the success of a general was worth tens of thousands of corpses. For the sake of that sliver of hope, even if their eyes turned from killing or their blood dyed the ground red, those people would not even blink.

Wang Yi stepped forward and realized that the Seven-Colored Heaven Ascension Stage had not fully matured yet. Although seven petals had already bloomed, the last purple petal was clearly a little pale.