Chapter 22: Twin Flowers

[Ding! Subsidiary function activated successfully!]

[Ding! New function added — Battle Pet Contract!]

[Ding! Peak Rank-9 beast, the Silver-Winged Cloud Leopard, has submitted itself to you. Do you want to make a contract and take it in as a battle pet?]

Wang Yi was dumbfounded. He felt that the way that the system functioned was a little wrong. The situation had changed too quickly.

At first, it felt like the system was making him the strongest human being in martial arts. Later, the system changed his profession to a spirit chef. Now, he had a new profession as a summoner!

This system was way too improper.

However, Wang Yi did not think about it for too long. There was no need to.

After all, he had always been on the passive receiving end. Since he couldn't resist the system, he might as well enjoy it silently.

“I will sign a contract!”

Wang Yi said without hesitation.

As he finished speaking, a mysterious array pattern that was made up of white light appeared in the middle of him and the beast. It was similar to a hexagonal array with countless ancient characters engraved on it.

The moment the formation pattern appeared, it split into two separate arrays, one big and one small.

The small array appeared on the Silver-Winged Cloud Leopard's forehead, while the large one appeared on Wang Yi's forehead.

In an instant, a brilliant light shone. At the same time, as the white light invaded the Silver-Winged Cloud Leopard's mind, a huge figure sitting cross-legged in the sky suddenly opened its eyes.

In the blink of an eye, the white light transformed into a heavenly saber and slashed down before the figure could react.

Bang!

The figure was sliced into pieces and disappeared.

Meanwhile, the heavenly saber emitted a white light once again. Finally, in the spiritual space, a new array pattern was condensed and it was branded with dazzling brilliance.

Meanwhile, the moment the figure was shattered…

In the depths of the endless wilderness, there was a massive ancient palace at the peak of a divine mountain. Human figures were shuttling back and forth, while vicious beasts were everywhere.

On the central throne, a terrifying figure sat cross-legged. The aura around him was faintly discernible, and no one dared to face his might.

All of a sudden, the figure's face paled and he spat out a mouthful of blood.

Then, an endless might rose from his body, causing the air to creak from the pressure. Regardless of whether it was humans or beasts in the palace, they were all silent like cicadas in the winter. They did not dare to make a single sound for fear of angering this person.

“Who? Who exactly is it? How dare you shatter my divine sense!”

“Ignorant child, how dare you bully me like this! If I catch you, even if I ground your bones to dust, it will still be difficult to eliminate your sins!”