Chapter 7: Sparring Partner

Fang Mingze no longer had the mood to continue cultivating. He wiped the sweat off his face and sat on the sofa.

Then, he invited Wang Yi to sit down. He handed Wang Yi a plate of fruit that looked like grapes but was much bigger than grapes.

Wang Yi put one into his mouth and his eyes lit up!

It was delicious!

It was crispy, sweet, and sour. There was a lot of juice as well!

It was much better than the fruits on Earth!

There was no way to determine the quality of martial arts in this world, but the food in this world was definitely top-notch!

Fang Mingze was very self-disciplined. He did not touch the alcohol and only took a glass of fruit juice.

The first three ranks focused on refining the body. Thus, those at the first three ranks had to maintain the optimal state of the body at all times. Although alcohol had little effect on the body, it still had some effects.

Therefore, Fang Mingze basically wouldn't drink!

This was unlike martial artists who had reached the middle three ranks and cultivated their true qi. As a result, their true qi would circulate on its own and temper their physical bodies at all times. Thus, alcohol and the like would not affect them at all!

Fang Mingze took a sip of the juice and put the glass aside. Then, he looked at Wang Yi and laughed heartily. He had the boldness of an ancient hero. It formed a strong contrast with his quiet appearance.

“Senior, I didn't expect that you would come here to be a sparring partner with your strength. I'm afraid that the Tuling Dojo must have spent a lot of money to invite you!”

In the world of martial arts, strength reigned supreme!

Age did not matter in martial arts. Instead, strength came first. When one encountered someone stronger than them, they would have to address the stronger martial artist as their senior. Even if Fang Mingze was the son of the Guardian and was of the same bloodline as a Connate-Realm expert, he had to respect Wang Yi.

Meanwhile, Wang Yi was stunned. Sparring partner?

He then came to a realization and could not help but be caught between laughter and tears. That was right. After all, the private suites were already equipped with a masseuse and a sparring partner. Other than the masseuse, he was the only one left. No wonder Fang Mingze mistook Wang Yi for a sparring partner!

Wang Yi was not prepared to explain anything. He just kept eating the fruit and answered vaguely, “Yes, yes, they paid quite a lot!”

This was not a lie. When his previous self was working here, he did not have much to do. However, he earned more than 10,000 yuan a month, which was more than what a normal white-collared worker would earn in a month. Thus, the dojo indeed paid him a lot!

If Wang Yi had such a job before he transmigrated, he would probably wake up laughing even if he was dreaming in his sleep!

Fang Mingze's eyes flickered. Wang Yi didn't know what he was thinking, but Fang Mingze quickly returned to normal. Then, he smiled and said, “Senior, I'll come here to cultivate tomorrow. I wonder if you can continue to be my sparring partner?”

His attitude was very sincere!

Wang Yi didn't reply. He didn't stop putting fruits into his mouth.

Would he continue to be Fang Mingze's sparring partner? Impossible!