Chapter 9: Understanding

“Alright! We'll do as you say!”

Fang Yuan agreed without hesitation. He was happy that his son could hold his own!

Then, a few calls were made from the Guardian's Mansion!

It was already past 11 PM, but the Su Family villa was still brightly lit!

Three people sat around the dining table. The food had already turned cold as no one had touched their chopsticks!

The room was very quiet, and no one spoke. The atmosphere was extremely oppressive, and it felt like a black cloud was pressing down on the city!

After a long time, Su Changlin finally broke the silence. His voice was somewhat hoarse as if he was under great pressure.

“The few raw materials companies that have collaborated with us have announced the termination of their contracts today. The bank is also rushing us for funds. I'm afraid the Su family won't be able to survive this!”

“Since they haven't reached Cang City yet, I'll draw them here. Both of you, pack up. I'll think of a way to send you away!”

After saying this, Su Changlin's eyes were filled with pain. Unless it was absolutely necessary, who would be willing to be separated from their family? However, at the end of the day, someone had to die. It was better to die alone than to have their entire family killed!

Li Lanxin looked at her husband with tenderness in her eyes. She said very freely, “I'll stay with you. Those few Rank-3 martial artists have also been summoned back by their respective dojos. He won't let us leave!”

“Shiya, you still have hope. As long as you return to the Taoist temple, even if he's a grandmaster, he won't dare to mess around!”

Su Shiya shook her head, her beautiful face full of stubbornness!

“Ah Yi got into a car accident a few days ago, but luckily, he's still well and alive today!”

“However, we have already severed all ties with Ah Yi. He didn't even let that incident slip by, much less us. Even if I hide in the Daoist temple, will that mean that I will never be able to leave the Daoist temple?”

“He won't let me off either. As long as I leave the Daoist temple, he will still deal with me. It's just a matter of time!”

After that, the room fell into a long period of silence once again, and it seemed to be filled with gloom!

Ding ling ling!

The phone rang, breaking the silence once again!

Su Changlin took out his phone and looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown number, but he still stood up and walked to the side to pick up the call.

Ding ling ling!

Ding ling ling!

Then, two ringtones sounded one after another. Li Lanxin and Su Shiya's phones rang at the same time!

Five minutes later, the three of them returned to their seats!

What was different from before was that at this moment, their faces were filled with ecstasy. There was no longer the despair and gloom from before!

Su Changlin picked up his chopsticks, picked up a mouthful of food, and ruthlessly ate a few mouthfuls of rice. He did not care that the food was already cold!

Then, he put down the bowl and chopsticks, swallowed the food in his mouth, and said excitedly, “Just now, the president of Cang City Bank called and said that he could loan us 100 million at a low-interest rate!”