Chapter 12: Leaving the City

Six years after the Apocalypse, a mysterious explosion happened in the capital of the Ming Dynasty. It was called the Apocalypse Big Bang!

In the next few years, the spirit qi of the world started to revive. Then, the martial artists slowly realized that nowadays, one day of cultivation was equivalent to one month of cultivation in the past. The cultivation speed had become so fast that it was as if they were traveling a thousand miles a day!

The might of a cultivation technique had become even more terrifying. In the past, the most powerful experts could only open a stone tablet. Now, the most outstanding ones could shatter mountains and destroy rivers with their swords!

However, spirit qi was not only beneficial to humans, but also to wild animals, birds, and various other animals.

While the strength of humans was increasing rapidly, the strength of the animals was also increasing at an even faster speed.

They developed peacefully for a few years.

Then, a war broke out all of a sudden, and the humans were caught off guard. Unexpectedly, in a few years, the animals had turned into terrifying beasts that were far more powerful than the humans. Humanity then fell into a dark era that lasted for decades.

The human population had dropped from tens of billions to less than a billion in a few decades.

The war was like a fire. There were always those who would rise from the ashes. During these decades, there were also unmatched experts who rose up. They established giant cities, stopped the vicious beasts, and built giant walls. Thus, they ended the dark era that lasted for several decades.

From then on, the humans lived within the giant cities, while the beasts took over the endless wilderness and divided them up among themselves. Until now, only the strong could enter the wilderness.

What Wang Yi wanted to do was to go out of the city and hunt some ferocious beasts from the Spiritual Food Catalog. Then, he wanted to try out the legendary cooking skills he had obtained.

Ignoring the fact that it was already one in the morning, he took out his phone and dialed a number.

The call went through shortly after. “Hello, who is this?”

A man sounded from the other end of the phone. He sounded weak and he probably has just woken up.

“I'm Wang Yi. Let's change our meeting time today. Prepare the kitchenware and wait for me in the private suite at 11 am. There's no need to prepare food!”

After the call was picked up, Wang Yi didn't care if the other party heard him clearly. After he finished speaking, he hung up.

Inwardly, he was delighted. A few days ago, he had wanted to find an opportunity to compensate Fang Mingze and thank him for his help towards the Su family. Today, he could settle these two matters.

Fang Mingze's luck was pretty good.

Coincidentally, he had drawn the “Liu Maoxing Peak Cooking Card” today. In addition to the argument he had thought of when he met Fang Mingze previously, today was definitely his lucky day!

At that moment, Fang Mingze was dumbfounded. Grandmaster Wang had called so late at night and said such nonsense. What did he mean?

However, he didn't dare to be negligent. He recalled Wang Yi's words and remembered a few keywords — “11 AM,” “kitchenware,” “no need to prepare food.” Then, he continued to sleep.

He put the phone back into his pocket.

Sometimes, Wang Yi felt really helpless. In this world, everything that was related to martial arts was very advanced and had developed well.