44

Donna rolled her eyes and laughed. "You're lucky you're cute."

With Costin still in view, Donna leaned her head against my shoulder and smiled at my mother as she walked over. "It's been a while since I managed to have the garden ready this early."

"Is that a jab at me not visiting?"

"Yes. Isa still visits and helps in the garden."

"I know," I sighed and held Donna tighter. "I was just-."

My mother giggled before waving me off. "I'm only messing with you. You know as well as I do that Isa hates this place — too many bad memories. Plus, you're like your father. You want to be around the woman you love as often as you can. Who am I to stand in the way of that?"

"You know all you have to do is ask and I'll be here to help you."

"I know, dear," She hummed and kissed my forehead. "But I'll always ask you to bring Donna as well. After all, she's part of this family."

"You see me as part of your family?"

"Of course, Donna. You've been in my daughter's life for a while now — and my grandson calls you his aunt. I think that's more than enough to consider you part of the family."

"I appreciate it," Donna smiled — the smile widening when my mother kissed her forehead as well.

"Auntie! Found Angie!" Costin called while running back with Angie.

"I see that," Donna giggled as they stopped in front of us. "Did you have fun?"

"We did," He beamed before turning his attention to my mother. "Γιαγιά. Snack? Pwease?"

"Hm..." She smiled and rolled her eyes when he pouted. "A healthy snack. How about some grapes? Your cousin, Dio, says they're mostly ripe now."

"...Aunties!"

"Don't ask them to save you. It's either a healthy snack or no snack at all."

Costin whined, causing Donna to giggle and tap his shoulder. "If you eat a healthy snack, maybe you'll have a better chance for dessert."

He pondered this for a moment before agreeing, making me laugh. "Someone knows how to talk to kids."

"Miranda used to do that to me," She mused as she stood and offered me her hand. "Let's join them! I want to meet your cousin."

"Trust me; No. You don't."

"There's nothing wrong with Dionysus."

"He's the god of madness! And a cannibal!"

"So are you and Isa, technically."

"Because of him," I countered but took Donna's hand and stood. "But fine! If she wants to meet him, I'll go too."

Donna giggled before kissing my cheek and following my mother out of the garden. Costin skipped ahead, Angie floating next to him as he pointed at statues, telling her who they were. I smiled when he mentioned still having the doll Donna gave him when Angie asked about it, making me glance over at Donna. She held a smile on her face, clearly happy that he was taking care of the doll still.

Hours flew by and before we knew it, the sun was setting. I guided Donna away from the party — back to Aphrodite's castle — and took her to our room, guiding her to our bed. Donna happily moved away and climbed into the bed, a relieved sigh leaving her. 'She seemed to have fun, but she's exhausted,' I joined her a moment later, letting her cuddle into me. 'Cuddling to wind down is perfect.'