7

"So, about your siblings?"

"Right, where do I begin...?"

I let out a soft hum before a smile took over my features, a story about Zagreus coming to mind almost immediately. Donna's head tilted when she noticed my smile, and I could've sworn my heart melted at the simple action. Before I could respond, there was urgent tapping on a window that caused us both to jump. I glanced at the window and noticed the messenger raven from before — tapping urgently on the glass and occasionally glancing around.

"It seems terrified," Donna commented, and I felt the ichor in my veins go cold. "We should let it in."

"Y-yeah," I managed out before getting to my feet, muttering under my breath once I was far enough from Donna. "Please don't say what I think it'll say."

Once I opened the window, the raven dropped the letter in my hand and flew into the mansion. I shut the window after doing a quick survey of the area, unfurling the scroll as quickly as I could with shaky hands. My eyes scanned the letter for any sign of Her or her name, a brief flash of relief washing over me when I didn't see it. That was until I noticed the underlined letters.

'A. P. H. R. O. D. I. T. E. Aphrodite... K. N. O. W. S. Knows... She knows... How?! Fuck. Hermes must've fallen victim to her charm speak. Useless god.' Thunder rumbled overhead and I simply rolled my eyes. 'It's a joke between cousins, you old geezer. I'm allowed to be friends with my cousin. Get over it.'

I quickly rolled up the scroll again and put it in my pocket, deciding to actually read it later, before making my way back over to the table. Once I was settled at the table, the raven fluttered over to me and nudged into my arm, prompting me to gently brush along her feathers. Her scared nature seemed to dissipate and a small smile tugged at the corners of my lips. Isa had always been better with animals — but it looks like they put in a good word for me with the ones we use to send messages.

"What's its name?"

"Isa hasn't told me," I hummed and watched the raven hop along the length of the table. "Would you like to name her until we find out what her name is?"

"I-I couldn't..."

"No name is a bad name."

After a moment of silence, she muttered a name under her breath that I had to strain to hear. "Claudia."

"That's a lovely name," I smiled and glanced at Claudia when she cawed. "And she seems to love it. What made you pick that one?"

Donna turned her head down and remained silent at my question, causing me to shift slightly and try to think of something else to talk about. I let out a soft sigh and took out the letter, unraveling it before scooting a bit closer to Donna. When I did, the familiar scent of chocolate and rose petals filled the room. My eyes widened at the sound of clicking heels and a musical giggle.

"Well, well, well," Came the velvety voice of Aphrodite, making me take a deep breath. "You leave without warning and don't even bother to let the rest of us know how you're doing? How could you be so cruel?! I thought you loved us!"

"Dite..." I groaned out and sent her a small glare, my vision earning a light pink tinge to it — an effect of her powers. "I was going to let the rest of you know in time. Isa's paranoia is a priority, you know this. Now, please leave before you make Donna uncomfortable."