28

I pulled Donna close again, ghosting my lips over the shell of her ear before continuing. "Well, we can always continue what I started."

Donna glanced off to the side and shook her head, making me pull back slightly and frown. "Not ready for that, yet?"

"N-no," Donna whispered as tears pricked her eyes.

"Hey, don't cry because of that," I whispered and cupped her cheeks. "I don't care about when we have sex — just as long as you're comfortable and happy. I have another idea; how about we put on some comfy clothing and cuddle near a fire?"

"Okay," Donna whispered while leaning into my hand. "...I love you."

"I love you too."

A smile spread across Donna's face — making my heart skip a beat at the genuine relief in her eyes. 'Has she been worried that I'd stop saying it after doing something sexual?' I pulled her in for a soft kiss, making sure neither of us would want to deepen it. When I slowly broke the kiss, Donna clung to me and sobbed, breaking my heart.

'...Did I do something wrong? Should I... Should we have waited until we were married as her dream suggested?' I wrapped my arms around her hesitantly and pressed a kiss to her head, gently rubbing her back as soft apologies left me. 'I should've known better. I'm-,' Donna cut my thoughts off by pulling me in for a kiss, a soft whimper leaving her.

"This isn't your fault," Donna whispered after breaking the kiss, wiping her tears away. "It's just... every time you say it, it's like it means everything to you."

"Because it does," I hummed, helping her out of the shower. "Let's finish this when we're clothed and warm, hm? You're shaking like a leaf."

Donna's blush returned while I wrapped a towel around her, making me giggle and press a kiss to her cheek. After wrapping a towel around myself, I guided her back to our bed before grabbing clothes for us. I got dressed quickly — not wanting to waste too much time — before turning back to Donna, my breath catching in my throat.

I froze upon seeing her; loose grey sweatpants with a matching, oversized sweatshirt. 'How does she manage to get more attractive every time I see her?' I shook the thought away and sent her a smile, offering my arm for her to take. '...Maybe one day I do need to sit down with Aunt Hera and talk. Who better to discuss worries about marriage with other than the goddess of marriage herself?' Once we reached the living room, Donna sat down and pulled me next to her, forcing me to lean against the back of the couch.

"I love you," Donna repeated while resting her head on my shoulder. "I don't regret what we did — I enjoyed it, I swear."

"That's a relief," I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her. "I love you too, Donna. You mean everything to me. For a long time, it was just Isa and me — until we found our father at least. You're the first person, other than Miranda, outside of our family that didn't automatically kneel or offer me a blessing. Isa and I were never treated like humans, but you always looked past the fact that we're gods — and royalty."

"You deserve to be treated like everyone else — the both of you. My nieces and sister realize that too, that's why they're so nice to you both," Donna giggled and pressed a kiss on my cheek. "Kinda hard to look at your twin any other way, though, especially knowing about their apple juice addiction."