10

WARNING(S): Mentions of injuries, blood, murder, stalking of minors, harassment, sad Isa (yes i'm warning y'all of sad Isa so you can't yell at me 🤺)

"Shall I start from the beginning or from when our godly siblings found us?"

"Surprise me," Alcina hummed, and I took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Alright, I'm sure you'll like some of the stories I have."

Thunder shook the cabin and woke me up in a cold sweat, making me glance around. Isa and I had managed to escape the cyclops that had been chasing us long enough to get a few hours of sleep each. My eyes shifted over to Isa — they were supposed to be on guard, but they had fallen asleep. I didn't blame them — they did get badly injured during the escape.

A flash of lightning lit up the sky and jolted them awake, their head immediately snapping over to me. I made my way over to them, silently lifting their shirt to get a better look at the wound on their side. They weakly slapped my hand but I simply rolled my eyes.

"Now isn't the time to be stubborn," I huffed and grabbed my backpack. "We don't have much left — we have to find the entrance soon."

"Just go," Isa whispered as thunder rumbled overhead. "The longer we're together, the more dangerous things are going to get."

"I'm not leaving you!"

"If you don't, we'll both die!"

"I'd rather die with you than live knowing I left you to die."

"I won't die. Can't you just trust me for once?!"

"It's not that I don't trust you," I hissed and began wrapping a bandage around them. "It's Zeus I don't trust. He's throwing everything he can at us. If I leave you, that won't stop. He wants us dead, Isa. Get that through your head. I'm not letting you sacrifice yourself when it would be in—."

"Shut up," Isa muttered and covered my mouth. "Someone's coming."

I slid them a knife and moved them to a dark corner, ignoring their hushed protests. They pulled me against them once footsteps could be heard over the pouring rain, their body trembling as voices reached our ears. I moved slightly to shield their body before trying to make out what the voices were saying.

"This storm is a perfect indication that they are around here," A man's voice.

"But are we sure it's this cabin, Zag?" A woman's voice. "This decision could mean life or death for them."

"C'mon Mak," Another woman's voice. "You trust our big brother, right? If he says they're in here, they're in here. He wouldn't bring us here if he wasn't sure."

"Mother's bats spotted them—,"

"What the fuck are they talking about?" Isa grumbled as they tightened their grip on their knife. "Do you have enough energy? I can use my powers if I-."

"Hush," I huffed as the footsteps stopped. "Get ready."

I grabbed the bow and quiver from Isa's pile of blankets, kneeling in front of them and nocking an arrow. The doorknob began to turn and for a split second, an overwhelming feeling of fear and dread washed over me — nearly causing me to curl into Isa and cower from whoever was about to enter the cabin. Nearly.