41

"So there's a chance?"

"Okay, fine," Donna laughed. "But mostly because you look adorable practically begging for this."

"I am not begging."

"So if I change my mind-?"

I pouted and held her tighter. "Don't."

"You're irresistible sometimes, you know that?"

"I'll keep that in mind," I smiled and leaned forward. "Want a kiss?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"Nah, just felt like the right thing to do."

"Stop talking and kiss me."

I muttered a 'yes, ma'am' before connecting our lips with a giggle. Donna smiled into the kiss, pulling me closer as she broke it. When I pouted, she rolled her eyes and pecked my lips before muttering that we should wash up. 'Someone doesn't want to take long and make people question us,' I kissed her cheek and reached for the soap.

"Can I ask you a question, Donna?"

"You just did."

I laughed and kissed across her shoulder. "Don't be mean."

Donna giggled before tangling her fingers in my hair. "What is it?"

"If I asked you to marry me, would you say yes?"

"Is this your way of asking?"

"Gods no," I laughed and tilted my head back enough to lock eyes with her. "No, I just want to know if you would like to get married someday."

"To you? Absolutely. Aren't you worried your aunt will hear this?"

"I think she'd curse me if we didn't talk about it at least once by now. So, what kind of ring would you want?"

"Surprise me," Donna hummed with a smile. "I hear from the triplets that Isa can summon any gem, can you?"

"I can."

"Then any ring you can get me will do, as long as you promise me that you'll summon the gem used for it."

"The gem. The metal. I can't forge it for you, but Isa can, so close enough?"

"Yeah, close enough," She giggled and shifted her gaze to her hand, likely imagining a ring on her finger. "You should let Costin help design it."

"He's just gonna ask you—."

"Don't spoil the surprise!"

"Fine," I laughed, deciding to start washing her up. "Let's wash up. You know, when we have one of our own-."

"I'll call Miranda once we have some alone time," Donna laughed. "You're so lucky you're cute."

"I hear it's genetic, but I think I'm the pretty twin."

"Do you always compete with your twin?"

"Only when it makes you laugh."

"Such a romantic."

We didn't spend much longer before I finished washing her up, letting her do the same to me after that. I let her move off my lap to rinse off — doing the same for myself. Once I was out of the bath, I helped her out of the bath and wrapped a towel around her, grabbing one for myself afterward. I grabbed Donna's hand and walked her through the hall once more, taking her back to the changing room.