Aimé closed his eyes for a bit and just rested his lips on my wrist. I rubbed his scalp for a few seconds, then relaxed into the silence. I peeked at Trent, but he was making his way outside the room. His posture was stiff and he seemed furious as he headed off somewhere. Probably to blow off some steam.

I refocused on Aimé and his gaze locked with mine. He sighed softly and took my hand from his hair, then stared at it. He stroked my fingers and kissed their tips. My precious lover rubbed his cheek on my palm, then waited expectantly for me to say or do something. I inhaled deeply and slid my hand to his throat.

"Blame me, Rayiys Theo. He almost killed you because of me. You were seconds from death, my precious rayiys. You were right there and I couldn't do anything." he whispered, and my blank stare bored into his face.

Finally, I retracted my hand and heard Aimé's whine of displeasure. I chuckled and pinched his cheeks, which made him smile at me. I gently pecked his lips and cupped his face.

"Aimé, you know why you couldn't do anything. I have never blamed you. I know your personality and obsession with me. And honestly, Aimé, I could have stopped you but did not. What happened was partially our fault and the rest of it remains on the Black Widower's shoulders. Please remember that, my precious man."

Aimé's cheeks were far from dry as his tears slipped down against my thumbs. I smiled gently and pressed my lips to his forehead, tear-stained cheeks, then down to his lips. Aimé hummed his quiet happiness and moved his lips against mine.

"But if you really want to be punished, Aimé, we can do that alone." I murmured with a wink, and my man's eyes snapped open.

"Now?"

"Hey, if we really do it now, my fathers will be quite troubled by a three-day disappearance from us."

Aimé blushed. "O-oh, right."

I giggled and curled down to hug him. "You're so cute, Aimé. I love you so much."

He curled his arms around me and returned my tight squeeze. "I love you too, Rayiys Theo. I can't wait to lock you up and have my wicked way with you."

It sounded like he was teasing, but I knew the truth. I smirked. "Same here, Aimé. I am looking forward to making sure you're locked in with me, too."

Aimé shuddered when I lightly tugged his hair. "Yes please, Rayiys."

__________________________

Basile handed me a mug of hot tea and I carefully snuggled against Aimé while I sat on his lap. Although Papa and Dad seemed really disappointed, they completely understood Aimé's actions after hearing what happened within the Black Widower's residence—one of several, I'd imagine. My fathers were with Trent and Aimé's parents to discuss my boyfriend's plan and Éloy's stay in the Golden Cobras' underground prison for now.

"Thank you, Basile." I said softly, sipping at the tea. "Mm, just the right amount of milk. Want a taste, Aimé?"

He agreed with a hum, then moved his head over my right shoulder. After I carefully moved the mug to his lips, I smiled at Basile while Aimé nursed the area from where I had sipped. Basile stared worriedly at his brother. My man had his arms curled around my waist and hips while his legs were entwined with mine. And now with him working on my mug, it was clear that Basile was shocked by Aimé's true personality. I feel completely at ease with Aimé like this, though.

"Don't mind him, Basile." I said softly, and Aimé's younger brother barely nodded in response.

Once Aimé had enough, he pressed his teeth onto my neck. I chuckled and ruffled his hair while I continued sipping on my tea. Aimé's body vibrated from the pleased purr in his chest. I snuggled deeper and tilted my head back to bite the curve of his jaw, then pecked his cheek.