Episode - 15 : The secret of Jimin

Mr. Lee pov -

As I watched them dart away, an unexplained sense of delight washed over me. Perhaps this is the first commendable action I have taken since encountering my boss.

I don't know why but I felt a connection to her somehow. My mind races, trying to piece together the fragments of memory that the sight of her had triggered. Who is she? Why do her tears have such an impact on me? And why am I willing to put my own life on the line for her?

I know I am not a good person But something about her is familiar to me that i couldn't explain.

Lost in my thoughts, the sound of approaching footsteps snapped me back to reality. I turned my gaze, only to be met with a jolt of fear as I found Mr. Kim standing there, wearing an unnerving smile. I knew I had messed up in a major way.

"Mr. Lee, my dear, tell me where that cat is," Mr. Kim asked, his smile faltering upon hearing my response.

"He... He ran away, boss," I stammered, unable to meet his gaze, fully aware that there would be no redemption for me now.

His expression turned cold as he began to advance towards me, and suddenly, I found the barrel of a gun pressing against my forehead. My heart sank.

"Don't even think about lying to me," he warned, his voice devoid of emotion. "I know that cat isn't capable of escaping from you. He's the weakest magical cat I've ever come across."

Shaking with fear, I dropped to my knees, the weight of my entire existence pressing down upon me.

"Boss, I'm sorry, but I can't continue this any longer. I understand that you saved me, and I owe you my life, but please, let him go. Let him have a chance at living his own life. Why must you be consumed by greed when you already possess everything?" I pleaded, my eyes pleading with him for mercy.

"Mr. Lee, it seems you truly don't understand who I am. Let me enlighten you. Even my own family called me a monster. Do you believe they are all lying when they label me as such?" Mr. Kim's laughter grew maniacal, increasing my unease.

"And now, you claim you cannot continue down this path any longer. Did I save you only for you to betray me one day like this? You are now useless to me, Mr. Lee. Ever since you began thinking for others, you are no longer the person you used to be. Today is your last day, so tell me your final wish" he threatened, tightening his grip on the gun against my forehead.

Though my heart raced and my body trembled, I mustered the courage to speak, staring into his cold, calculating eyes.

"Boss, the person you once knew as your subordinate was merely someone who carried out your orders. However, I can no longer continue in this role. I implore you, if not for your own sake, then for the sake of your son Taehyung, please consider making a change. If you choose not to, then there is nothing more I can do. And if you truly wish to fulfill my final request, then make yourself a better person" I replied, staring into his eyes. But as soon as the words left my lips, an eerie laughter erupted from Mr. Lee. It echoed through the empty forest, sending shivers down my spine. With each maniacal cackle, my fear intensified, gnawing at me from within.

"I deeply regret keeping you with me, Mr. Lee. You are nothing but trash"

He leaned closer, his finger primed on the trigger. The cold metal of the gun pressed harder against my skin, marking minutes remaining in my life. A flicker of hopelessness welled up within me. But in that final moment of despair, a sudden shift in the atmosphere caught us both off guard. Heavy raindrops collided with the asphalt, accompanied by booming thunder that seemed to shake the very ground we stood on.

"I think you are still of use to me," he said While looking behind me, his voice dripping with an evil satisfaction, a smirk forming on his twisted face.

As I turned around, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Jimin......but why is he here and why did he have cat ears? And why was he filled with such anger?

Suddenly, everything started to make sense as he controlled the rain water's direction with his hands. The realization of Jimin's true identity hit me like a bolt of lightning. He was the Magical cat Boss had spoken about. That's why he felt familiar when I saw him at the building because i have already seen him when he was trapped in a cage with various cuts adorning his back.

To be continued..........