Episode - 1 : The saviour

Yn, a young and compassionate doctor, found herself caught in a torrential downpour one evening. As she made her way through the streets, the rain continued to grow heavier, making each step more treacherous than the last. The storm showed no mercy, drenching her completely and turning her surroundings into a watery blur.

"I don't think I can make it home tonight," Yn whispered to herself, her voice filled with desolation. Seeking refuge from the relentless rain, she scanned her surroundings with weary eyes.

And then, like a beacon of hope, she spotted an old, abandoned house. Yn wasted no time in seizing the opportunity. Her feet carried her swiftly towards the abandoned house, desperate for the shelter.

Reaching the rusty front door, she pushed it open, revealing a dimly lit interior. The air was heavy with the scent of dampness and the passage of time. Yn shook off the raindrops that clung to her coat, removing it to expose her soaked clothing. Shivering from the cold, she rubbed her arms vigorously to generate some warmth.

"The weather is becoming unbearable," she murmured, her voice swallowed by the echoes of emptiness within the house. "How ironic that in the summertime, I find myself dressing in winter attire."

As she gazed out of a cracked window, cursing her misfortune, a sound reached her ears. It was a haunting, mournful moan that seemed to emanate from the depths of the abandoned house. Frowning, Yn turned towards the source of the noise, searching for its origin.

But the house remained silent, seemingly devoid of any living presence. Doubt crept into Yn's mind, questioning her own sanity.

"Am I imagining things?" she wondered, ready to dismiss the sound as a figment of her tired mind.

Yet, just as she turned to leave, the poignant moaning resurfaced, stronger this time, beckoning her closer. An inexplicable force tugged at her curiosity, urging her to investigate. Following the sound, she arrived at a weathered wooden box, hidden away in obscurity.

Yn hesitated, her hand hovering over the mysterious box. Her heart pounded in anticipation as she summoned the courage to open it. To her surprise, the box contained nothing but emptiness, disappointing her hopes of discovering the source of the moans.

"I must be losing my mind," Yn sighed, consumed with confusion and weariness.

She turned her back on the box, ready to leave but at that moment, the plaintive cries echoed once more, filling the air with a desperate plea. Yn spun around, her eyes fixed on the box, now convinced that something lay hidden within. With a mixture of trepidation and determination, she pushed the box aside, revealing the truth that had eluded her before.

A cat, battered and bruised, lay before her, its body bearing the scars of a painful existence. The cat's wide eyes reflected fear and mistrust, an indication of a life fraught with hardship and betrayal.

With caution, Yn extended a hand towards the trembling cat, their fingers poised to caress its fragile frame. But just as their fingertips grazed the air, an invisible force seemed to awaken within the cat's wary eyes. In an instant, the cat swiftly attempts to conceal itself, as if evading any form of interaction with humans.

"Hey, kitty, don't be scared. I won't hurt you," she assured, her empathetic nature shining through. As she focused on tending to the cat's wounds with her medical kit, the animal watched her intently.

Approaching the injured creature slowly, Yn extended a hand, offering solace and kindness. The cat observed her cautiously, uncertainty flickering in its gaze. It had known too much sorrow at the hands of humans to trust them so easily.

With gentle words and soothing gestures, Yn sought to bridge the divide between them, to convey her intentions of healing and care.

"I just want to heal you. Your injuries are severe, and if left unattended,  they could potentially lead you down a path towards death" Yn murmured softly, her eyes fixed on the cat's wounds.

"Let me help you," Yn whispered, her voice resonating with earnestness as she retrieved her medical supplies from a nearby satchel. She carefully extracted ointment, daubing it onto the cat's raw wounds. The creature winced in response, its pain echoing throughout the abandoned house.

"Almost there," Yn whispered, her touch gentle and tender. She continued her ministrations until the cat's injuries were properly tended to, finally securing a bandage in place.

A sudden surge of determination compelled the cat to make an attempt at standing, only to succumb to its weakened state, sinking back into Yn's embrace. Yn's voice gently echoed through the room, tenderly urging the feline to cease its struggle.

"Hey kitty, Rest a while longer. Your journey to healing is not yet complete," she murmured, her voice a soothing balm amidst the shadowed corners of the abandoned space.

she cooed, understanding the significance of patience. Miraculously, the rain outside ceased its relentless downpour as the cat's eyes emanated a glimmer of gratitude.

Yn remarked, "Wait, rain finally stopped. Thank goodness! Now I can finally go home. It's late, and all I want is some sleep," she added with a yawn.

Smiling, Yn rose from her seat, preparing to leave the abandoned house. However, she hesitated because as a doctor, she couldn't bear to abandon her patient in this situation

"Can I take you with me, kitty?" Yn questioned. The cat merely grinned, causing Yn to chuckle at her own foolishness.

"I'm such a fool! How can I expect you to answer me? Regardless, I'm taking you with me. As a doctor, I can't abandon my patient when they need me," she proclaimed.

With the cat cradled safely in her arms, Yn walked out of the abandoned house.

Some time later -

A group of men arrived at the same abandoned house, their footsteps echoing through the empty halls as they pushed open the worn, creaking door. The urgency in their movements suggested a quest of great importance, an unyielding determination etched onto their faces.

At their helm stood Mr. Lee, a figure of authority and intellect, his scientist's attire emphasizing his knowledge and expertise. His role in this mission was clear - to retrieve something or someone, a mysterious entity that seemed to hold immense value.

As the men scoured the house, turning over forgotten remnants of the past in their relentless pursuit, Mr. Lee's impatience grew palpable. His tone was laced with anxiety as he interrogated his subordinates, seeking an answer that remained elusive.

"Have you found him yet?" Mr. Lee demanded, his voice a mix of frustration and concern.

"We have searched high and low, sir, but he seems to have vanished," one of the men replied, his voice tinged with a hint of concern.

"What do you mean? He's just a cat, so why haven't you found him yet? Don't you realize that if we don't find him soon, the boss will be furious and punish us all?" Mr. Lee exclaimed, causing fear in everyone present.

However, another man approached Mr. Lee and inquired, "Mr. Lee, he's just a cat. Can't we solve this problem by sending another cat to the boss?"

Mr. Lee quickly interrupted him

"You fool! He is not a simple cat!" Mr. Lee bellowed, his words reverberating throughout the abandoned house.

TO BE CONTINUED........