Episode - 10 : Mochi's Owner

Yn trudged along the sidewalk, her body heavy with weariness from a long day at the hospital. Her mind was consumed with thoughts of her beloved auntie, who lay in a coma, fighting for her life. Tears threatened to spill, but she blinked them away, determined to stay strong.

Lost in her thoughts, Yn didn't notice the boy that was approaching from the opposite direction.

With a sudden collision, Yn and the boy collided, causing them both to lose their balance. As they stumbled, the boy's papers flew out of his hand and scattered across the busy road. Yn's eyes widened with concern, realizing the boy's predicament.

Yn - I'm so sorry

She quickly apologized and knelt down to help gather the papers, her mind clouded with fatigue.

But as she reached for one of the scattered sheets, her heart skipped a beat. There, amidst all the chaos, was a picture of a cat. Yn's beloved cat, Mochi. She blinked in disbelief, unable to comprehend what she was seeing.

Yn - Are you the owner of this cat?

she blurted out, unable to contain her curiosity.

The boy looked up at Yn with sad eyes, evident of the pain he had endured.

?? - No

He replied softly

?? - I'm not the owner

?? - I'm not the owner. I'm just his best friend.

Yn's mind whirled with questions as she observed the boy more closely.

His eyes were red and puffy, a telltale sign of recent tears

His eyes were red and puffy, a telltale sign of recent tears. His disheveled appearance mirrored the pain and guilt etched onto his face.

Yn - Why did the cat run away from you?

?? - It's all my fault but....

the boy murmured, his voice barely audible

?? - I'm happy that he ran away, but I just want to see him one last time and say sorry

Flashbacks flooded Yn's mind, transporting her back to the day she first encountered Mochi. The cat had been covered in injuries, his frail body a testament to the hardships he had endured. The thought of him suffering again tore at her heart.

With a heavy sigh, Yn debated on whether to reveal the truth about Mochi. She needed time to process the situation, to come to terms with the possibility of seeing her beloved cat in a previous state. She couldn't bear to witness his pain once more.

Yn - I hope you find him soon

she finally replied, her voice laced with uncertainty.

As the boy thanked Yn and continued on his way, she couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. There was something about him, something that tugged at her heartstrings. She couldn't ignore the fact that he was Kim Taehyung, the son of one of the biggest businessmen in town.

To be continued.......