Episode - 9 : Emergency

Morning

Yn's eyes flutter open as her phone rings beside her.

Still half asleep, she groggily answers the call.

"Doctor, there's an emergency. Your aunt..." A woman's voice comes through the other end of the line.

But Yn abruptly interrupts her.

Yn - Auntie? What happened to my auntie? I'm coming.

She immediately hangs up and rushes to gather her belongings, hurrying towards the door.

Mochi wakes up after hearing Yn's panicked movements.

Confused, he looks at her.

Time skips

Yn stands in front of an elderly woman sleeping in a hospital bed.

Yn - What happened to her?

Nurse: Doctor, I don't know what happened, but her breathing has become heavier.

Yn - Did you give her the medicine?

The nurse suddenly avoids eye contact.

Yn - Did I pay you for this... I hired you to take care of my auntie. Looks like I'll need to find a new nurse.

Upon hearing Yn's words, the nurse starts crying and pleads.

Nurse: Please, ma'am, just give me one more chance. I'll take good care of your auntie... This is my only job.

Yn - You said that last time, too.

Nurse: I'm sorry.

Yn takes a deep breath, her anger fading as she looks at the nurse's tear-streaked face.

Yn - Alright, I'll give you another chance. But you have to show me that you're truly committed to taking care of my auntie.

The nurse nods, grateful for the opportunity.

Yn - From now on, I want regular updates on my auntie's condition. If anything seems off or if you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out to me. Do you understand?

Nurse - Yes, Doctor. I understand, and I promise I will do my best

The nurse nods and leaves.

Yn looks at her auntie, gripping her hand tightly.

Yn - When will you wake up, auntie? It's been 21 years... Please come out of your coma. I don't even know where you live, where your family is, what happened that day... and where my dad is? I have so many questions.

Tears stream down her face as she reminisces about the old days.

Flashback

I gaze at my grandfather's lifeless body, holding back my tears because if I start crying, there will be no one to take care of my dad. But suddenly, someone tapped me on the back.

I turn around to see my auntie.

?? - You don't have to hide your tears, baby. I'll take care of your dad.

Yn starts crying and hugs her auntie.

Yn - Auntie, why does God always take away my loved ones first? First mom, now grandfather...

?? - Baby, we're humans. It's the law of nature. We can't do anything except cherish their memories.

She strokes Yn's hair until she falls asleep on her lap.

----------------------------------------------------

Yn - Please, auntie, don't leave.

She says, gripping her auntie's hand tightly. But her dad comes and pulls Yn's hand away.

Dad - Yn, don't be stubborn. Auntie's family is waiting for her return.

He says in a cold voice, making Yn cry.

?? - Lee, she's just a child. Don't make her cry.

She says, hugging Yn and gently patting her back until she falls asleep.

Dad - Yeri... he already hates humans. I don't want to be the reason for fights between you and your husband. I know he loves you, Yeri.

Yeri - Don't worry about him. I know how to calm his anger.

Dad - But still, I promised him to bring you back home within a week.

Yeri - Ahh... okay, I'm going. You're not the same old BFF to me. You've changed a lot over the years.

Dad - Really? Well, then give me back my daughter.

Yeri - Why?

Dad - Because you're making me jealous. My daughter loves you, not me.

Yeri - Well, it's your fault. How can you be angry at this angel? Look, you've made her fall asleep with your anger issues.

Dad - Sorry.

Yeri - Promise me you'll take good care of your daughter. She's still a child.

He nods.

------------------------------------------------------

Yn - What happened to my auntie and dad? Where are you taking my auntie? Where is my dad? Just let me go!

She cries as some nurses take her auntie away in an ambulance.

She tries to run towards her auntie, but a police officer stops her.

Police - Hey, little girl, you said your auntie was with your dad. Can you please show me a photo of your dad?

Yn - Where is my dad, Police Uncle?

She asks, tears streaming down her face.

Police - I don't know. We only found one body there.

He gestures towards a crashed car on the bridge.

To be continued.......