Edoras

I arrived at the town on the cliff in the evening. The cliff was very steep and difficult to access on one side, while on the other, less mountainous and steep, stood the houses of the inhabitants of Edoras.

If my father really had mastered the mind of the king, and if I wished to save the king's son, I had to proceed with caution and reach my destination unobserved. I led Calad to the steep rocks I had climbed up. There were no walls on the side I was coming from, and the guards were mainly guarding the main entrance.

I reached the house, and, unseen, tried to discover the window of the room where the wounded Théodred was, and it was not difficult. I took the form of a thrush to get inside before I transformed back.

I pulled out Athelas, dipped it into the water that lay beside him, and then applied the plant to his wound.

"Menno o nin na hon i eliad annen annin, hon leitho o ngurth, (May the blessing given to me be sent from me to him, that he may be free from death)" I began to say in Elvish. It needed to be repeated several more times to complete the spell.

I heard soft footsteps approaching the door to the room we were in. I ducked into the shadows and watched the newcomer. It was Gríma Wormtail, the king's advisor and whisperer.

I recognized him from the characterization of the Rowan horsemen - Éomer believed Saruman had promised him his sister Éowyn in exchange for his services.

He prowled like a ghost, and his intent was not noble. He planned to poison the heir to the throne, which I thwarted.

"Guards! Guards!" he shouted, "She tried to poison the King's son!!"

"Let the king decide what to do with me," I replied, and one of the guards punched me in the face.

But I was taken to the king.

"What are you doing here?" The king asked slowly.

"She was hiding in the shadows, planning to poison your son," Wormtongue whispered.

"You had the vial with you, Gríma," I replied.

"Eruwen," the king spoke, motioning for the guards to let me go, but the voice belonged to my father, "show your true colors."

"As you wish," I said, assuming my true form.

"Join me, Eruwen."

"And what shall I have in return?"

"You will rule Middle-earth and become one of its patrons."

"A tempting offer," I spoke, "but I don't want it."

I outwitted all the guards before I started casting my spell.

"Leave the king's body!" I said, and the man on the throne fought against my power.

"You don't stand a chance against me!" Father replied, which did nothing to stop me.

The man twitched twice.

"If I leave," the wizard continued, "Théoden will die."

"You didn't kill him," I responded, "you're weak!"

"Rohan is mine!"

"Get out of his mind!"

I had the upper hand. The king stood up, but I kicked him with my right foot to make him sit down again. At that moment, I felt Saruman's power leave his body.

They all stood around us and a beautiful young woman ran to her king to help him. Within moments the man began to grow younger and regain his strength.

"I know your face," he spoke, "Éowyn."

The girl wept with joy and happiness.

"Who are you?" the king turned to me and struggled to his feet.

"My name is Eruwen, my lord," I replied, "breathe the clean air again."

"I've been having dark dreams lately."

"The wizard's influence is dangerous," I agreed.

Everyone around watched their king, who glanced at his whisperer.

"I'm sure your people will find interesting things in his chamber," I remarked as the two men held the Wormtongue tightly.

They found many of the king's lost belongings, including a sword. The guards took him outside and threw him down the stairs. The king, with his sword in his hands, walked after him and tried to kill him, which I stopped.

"Enough death has been shed for him," I explained before I reached the whisperer, "Tell my father I'm coming for him!"

Gríma broke into a run, mounted his horse, and galloped away. The sun was beginning to rise.

"Yield to your king!"

The Rohan knelt before his king, whose mind was freed.

"My son," said the king, "where is my son?"

"He was badly wounded in battle and is bedridden," I replied, "I have managed to heal his wounds. Gríma wanted to poison him, which I thwarted."

"I," spoke the man who had punched me in the face earlier, "apologize."

"Apology accepted," I said, hearing Calado's hooves.