A Night in the Town of Elves

There was a knock on my door, I wasn't expecting any guests, but from the style of knocking it had to be one of the dwarves.

"Have you changed your mind?" I said with a smile on my lips.

"The other rooms are full," the dwarf replied and walked in.

It was a minor allusion to our encounter in the town of men.

"The elf was able to read the map of Erebor," he spoke after I closed the door.

"You mean the Lord of Rivendell?"

"Yeah... there were moon runes on that map."

"Written with a silver pen, the writing only appears in the moonlight."

"Here it was more complicated, as these runes could be read in the same season and phase of the moon as it was written."

"Since you started by being able to read the runes, I can see that fate is standing by you."

"We'll have to hurry though, because the runes mentioned that the keyhole to the secret entrance would only open during the last light of Durin's day. We'll be off early in the morning."

"Well, that's reasonable. We will have to travel through the mountains, which are very tricky at night. Would you like a tour of my chamber?"

I had two floors to myself, a ground floor with a bed and a study upstairs. There were shelves with many books on them.

"What were you doing here anyway?"

"Elrond was teaching me. My father wanted me to learn Elvish habits. I learned to shoot, ride a horse, and so on. I spent time in the various elven kingdoms that way. In retrospect, I think my father did it to find me a potential husband."

I took him to my pond, which he was thrilled with. He wasn't excited about the elven architecture, but he was excited about the water. I could see in him that he longed to have something like it in his home.

"And the water is pleasantly warm," I added.

Thorin acted proportionate to his age (ironic, of course) and shoved me, so I ended up in the water while he laughed. He forgot that I was in control of the spells and because of that I was able to push him into the water too - I was laughing this time.

We splashed water all over each other for a while before I went to sit on the corner of the pond. Thorin never took his eyes off me and started towards me. Step by step he walked up the staircase, and as I sat and he stood, at one point we were looking each other directly in the eye.

We were inches apart, neither of us saying anything, just looking at each other. Thorin moved closer to me, stroked my cheek, and kissed me. It was the first time I'd kissed someone with a beard in a very long time, so I had to get used to it.

After a while, I sensed he wanted more, so we moved to my bed. I had to use a silencing spell since with Thorin's loud moaning there was a chance all the elves in the Rivendell would hear us.

I had a very embarrassing situation when Elrond caught me in a pond with a group of five elves who were visiting at the time. He came at us for the noise, and all we were doing was drinking wine and laughing.

After the act, we were both about to go to sleep when there was a soft knock on the door - it was Gandalf.

I shooed Thorin upstairs before I quickly got dressed thanks to my spells and greeted the wizard.

"What's the matter?"

"Nad i híril, Radagast thandant nín, a egor a iôn Imladris nathant lin am man ranc, ach gwennin na-vethed, (I hand you the sword that Radagast gave me. Lord of Imladris wanted to talk to me about the journey, but I think you are better suited for it."), he explained and handed it to me.

"Annon nín? (Why?)" I wondered.

"Ceitho nín bo hon dîn, gwaredon thui. Annon rhaw bo i naugrim vi dûr aur, (It is clear to both of us that they will try to stop us. I would set out with the dwarves at sunrise.)

I nodded.

"Thorin Oakenshield, take a nap, we'll set off at dawn," the wizard explained and left.