Barrel Riders

I went to rest in my chambers that I had in the kingdom. I had my weapons on the bed. My bow, my sword, and all my daggers were all put on before I felt the presence of anyone else.

"I know you're here. Why are you hiding in the shadows?"

It was Bilbo, hiding behind a pillar.

"What are you doing here? How did you get here?" I got out, "The guards didn't hear you?"

 "They didn't hear me," he replied.

"Gandalf was right, you're as quiet as a mouse," I said, "I guess you're wondering why I'm here, and why I'm not sitting in the dungeons."

"Thranduil is your brother, I know it."

"How?"

"I kind of overheard your conversation."

I put the dagger to his throat.

"Why?" he got out.

"The dwarves can't know, okay?" I spoke in a stern tone, "They will find out from me in due time, do we understand each other?"

"Yes."

I put the dagger away.

"There's an elven celebration coming up. It will be a good time to free the dwarves. The key master spends a lot of time down in the dungeon, I'm sure we'll find the keys there. You will follow me."

We set off, and just as I expected, the keyholder was downstairs drinking with his two friends. They were frightened of me, as they should have been attending to their duties and not tasting the wine, however, I joined them as well and used magic to add a substance to it, after which they quickly fell asleep.

"We can use the barrels," Bilbo spoke, taking the keys to the dungeons.

"That's a brilliant idea," I agreed, "don't wait for me. I'll get some dwarven weapons and fly in on Feon. Now go free them."

I headed back to my chambers before the voices of the guards reached my ears. They had registered the prisoners' escape, so it was my time to go get my weapons. I didn't pick up much, but I mainly went there to get Thorin's sword.

I headed out after the dwarves, and it was a good thing because the elves had closed the gate through which only water could get through. Plus, the orcs showed up and outnumbered the elves many times over. I saved a few elves before I registered an orc named Bolg, he was the son of Azog the Defiler.

The dwarves eventually managed to open the gate and a journey through the rapid river awaited them in the barrels. The water took some time to calm down, the current was swift for now, and they had a chance to escape the orcs and elves.

Legolas and the other archers joined in and the orcs decided to follow Thorin and the others, so we jumped the walls and headed along the river.

Keeping pace with the dwarves was hard, but I managed. I had some very capable warriors around me, including my nephew.

I saw Feon coming towards me. I ran to a high rock and jumped on him. I shot my bow for some time and also saved Legolas, who was almost hit by an arrow from an orc.

The current started to get even stronger, so neither the orcs nor Legolas could catch up.