The King's Tent

I went into town with everything I wanted to take with me. I got on my horse and he took off. I took on my true form so my brother's archers wouldn't shoot at me.

The horse was running on the ground, not flying. The elven guards let me into the city and led me to the royal tent. There I was surprised to see Gandalf.

"Eruwen?" The wizard spoke.

I jumped off my horse and hugged him. Meanwhile, my brother and the Bard came out of the tent when they heard my voice.

"Brother, Bard," I greeted both men.

"What are you doing here?" They wondered and we all went inside.

"I'm here because of this," I said, placing my pouch on the table, "for you, brother."

The king took the gems out of the pouch. They were the only memento of his beloved wife, queen, and mother of Legolas. He had them made for her, but she didn't get to wear them because she died tragically. Relations with the dwarves deteriorated after a disagreement over payment.

Thranduil examined the jewels carefully. The bard admired their beauty.

"Does Thorin know about this?"

"Thorin Oakenshield has been consumed by dragon sickness, Bard," I explained, "If he found out anything was missing, he would surely try to kill me."

"Then why are you here?"

"Officially, I'm here because of the offer that you'll be leaving with gold that I'll enchant for you," I replied.

"Forget the gold," Gandalf spoke up and started talking about the war.

Thranduil, since he already had in his hands what he desired, decided to listen to the wizard more. Gandalf spoke of empty Dol Guldur and armies of orcs trained to kill.

"I believe Thorin had sent for his cousin in the Iron Hills," I echoed.

"More dwarves, great," Thranduil spoke in an ironic tone.

The one who made a surprise appearance was Bilbo, who had brought Arkenstone. I was proud that he had made that choice.

"We will try to reason with Thorin," the Bard stated, "Will you join us, Eruwen?"

"I wonder where I will stand."

"You are considering returning to the Mountain?" said my brother, "As your king, I forbid it."

I didn't like those orders.

"It is evident that the truth will soon come out," I stated.

Bilbo left in the company of the wizard and only Thranduil, Bard, and I remained in the tent.

"And you two know each other from where?" My brother wondered.

"I trained him in archery," I explained.

"Since you were able to slay the dragon, I judge that the training was successful."

"Yes," the Bard replied, as he had no idea what else to say.

He decided to leave the tent, needing to regain a lot of strength for the next day, so I stayed in the tent with my brother, who poured me some wine.