Journey by Water

The Fellowship of the Ring set out after a few days and I accompanied them and Calad, as we had part of the journey together.

We took boats, and while everyone had to paddle, I managed a simple spell. In addition, I kept my boat afloat through magic, as the moose was quite a massive animal. The hobbits didn't think it fair that they had to toil with their paddles and I helped myself with magic.

"I am the oldest here," I said, "a little respect."

I grew quite tired of the questions from the hobbits, Merry and Pippin, as they were asking a lot of questions and hoping to get answers from me. I ignored the questions about my horse - I didn't feel like talking about it.

I wasn't lazy, I was on guard, the enemies could be anywhere and the ordinary human eye couldn't spot them. Calad was also watching the surroundings, trying to ignore the two inquisitive hobbits who wanted to know the details of the various events Bilbo had told them about.

We sailed down the great river to the south. The wonderfully green landscape began to slowly change into less fertile ground.

The fellowship decided to camp on the river bank for the evening while I decided to continue on. We said our goodbyes and I apologized to the hobbits for my unkind behavior, just in case, before disappearing into the darkness.

"I still don't see how this could be the nice elf from Bilbo's story," Pippin remarked, "she could use therapy."

He certainly thought I was way off, but his words didn't escape me.

"Be careful, she may hear you," Aragorn spoke up.

"What is it, Legolas, between you two?" Boromir wondered as I said goodbye to the fair-haired elf in Sindarin before hugging him.

"She's my father's older sister. They have the same mother but different fathers," the elf began to explain, "Her father is a White Wizard before her mother married the elven King Oropher, to whom she bore a son. Because she was of royal descent, Eruwen as the firstborn child was entitled to the throne of the elven nation which merged with Oropher's."

"So she's a queen?" Sam wondered, "Why isn't she wearing a crown?"

"She gave up her claim to the throne to my father," Legolas replied.

"It is not a kind time for her," Aragorn joined in, "her father chose to serve evil and she had to get rid of her animal companion."

"Get rid of?" The hobbits wondered.

"Feon was given to me by my father," I replied, reappearing in the light, "as you met the bird scouts, the wizard followed my steps through my horse."I disappeared again.

"So what did she do with the horse?" Frodo wondered.

"She pierced his heart with her sword," Aragorn spoke up.

I told him about it and also my nephew just before our journey by water.