... let die

We followed Bilbo, who ran out to the lookout, where he watched the dragon approach the city. I promised to help them, so I summoned Feon and jumped on.

"What do you want to do?" spoke Balin.

"I'm going to help them," I replied and took off.

I arrived in Esgaroth just as the city was in flames. I flew between the houses and spotted the remaining dwarves, Tauriel, and all three of Bard's children, but he wasn't there himself.

"It's Eruwen," Fili shouted.

The Bard was in the prison where they had left him. I destroyed part of the wooden wall with magic, which hit the mayor - I didn't feel sorry for him.

"Give me your hand!" I said, managing to pull him towards me, "Where do you need to go?"

"The armory," he replied-

"I'll drop you off there and then I'll take care of the town. It'll be up to you."

He jumped down to the roof while I started casting spells. My goal was to put out the fire and prevent as many people as possible from perishing in the flames, which was taking a lot of my strength. I hoped the Bard would succeed with his black arrow.

The Smaug focused on the archer and didn't spread the fire, so I could focus on protecting and saving people.

My attention was caught by Smaug's sudden cry of pain - the Black Arrow had found its mark. Smaug tried to go back up the Mountain but failed. Feon had to dodge his large body, which was falling right on the town.

The Smaug was dead.