Bad news

I immediately sent a message to my brother and mentioned that the people of the lake town would need supplies, especially food and also drink.

I found the Bard and his son in the water and pulled them out.

"You made it," I said and hugged them both, "Get in, Feon will get you to shore."

I made my way through the ruins of the city to help the remaining survivors - and there were quite a few. I sent them to the shore in boats with all the things that could be salvaged. The sun rose in the sky and people began to gather, looking for their friends and family and mourning the dead.

"Eruwen," came the voice of the dwarves.

"Good to see you," I said with a smile on my lips, "Kili, you're alright."

"Yes, Tauriel saved me," he replied - he looked in love, and so did the elf herself.

"Tauriel, Le hîr nîn ar le nîn viachas, (You have my respect and my blessing)" I said in elven tongue.

She smiled and bowed.

The dwarves began to prepare for their journey to Erebor, they wanted me to join them.

"I'll go on horseback," I said, "I'll help them."

Who also appeared was Legolas, whom I hugged before setting out to help the humans - mostly healing wounds.

"It was the Bard, he was the one who killed the dragon," I heard Percy, the other man who was then controlling the entrance to the town when the dwarves tried to enter undetected, "I saw it, he killed him with a black arrow."

It was clear that the people now took the Bard as their new ruler.

"Where will you go?" Legolas asked.

"We have only one choice," he replied, looking towards Erebor.

"The news of the dragon's death has spread quickly," he informed us, "Many will now take an interest in the Mountain, its wealth, and location."

"What do you know about it?" Bard wondered.

"Nothing definite. I'm afraid of what may come," he replied, though I could tell he knew more.

I talked it over out of earshot of the humans, and Tauriel was with us. He followed Bolg and found that a whole pack of Vrrk, whose riders wore the mark of Gundabad, were waiting for him outside the town. A fortress to the north of the Misty Mountain

One of Thranduil's men appeared. He carried orders to return to the kingdom, and we also learned that Tauriel had been banished - she had repeatedly disobeyed her king's orders. Legolas decided to disobey - he wanted to go and investigate Gundabad. Just in case, I cast a protection spell so they wouldn't get hurt.

Feon appeared at my side, which I mounted and rode to the Mountain. On the way, I met some dwarves who hadn't reached the kingdom yet. So we all went in together.

What I was no longer happy about was the news from Bilbo. Thorin spent all his time down by the gold, hardly eating or drinking

We reached him, and it was not a pretty sight - he had contracted dragon sickness. The same thing that brought his family to ruin.