Chapter 17- Surprises Are Better Than Promises

Deeks' POV

Have you ever seen something that makes you think, am I ever going to have that? Is the world ever going to stop spinning? Am I ever going to get my happy ending? Will things get easier? Will there ever be a point in life where you have to stop trying so hard to get what you want? Or will there be a time in the world where there won't be any crime? It would all just be about good times and happiness? Or have you ever seen someone and thought from the minute you saw them, things could work? That you would have a chance at having a happy ending if this person is in your life?

If you haven't experienced this, I suggest you try, because I have, and I can tell you, it is the best feeling in the world. If only she knew how I felt. She's right. I do have poor communication skills.

I fell in love with her and not for how she looks, just for who she is. Although she does look incredibly beautiful.

I didn't even realise I was daydreaming until I felt a sharp pain run through my shoulder. Kensi. "Ow! What in the Morgan Freeman was that?" I yelled, looking over at my very ammused partner. "Sorry. I called you about ten times! I thought you were dead." Kensi replied, getting out of the car. "So you punched me?" She nodded. "Get out! We're here!" She yelled again, making me jump.

I got out of the car and we walked to the door. Kensi knocked. "Hi, Mrs Holthbert?" She asked, as a woman opened the door. "Yes, can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm Special Agent Kensi Blye, NCIS and this is my partner Detective Marty Deeks, LAPD. May we come in?" Kensi introduced. "Yes. Um, what's going on? Have I done something wrong?" The woman asked. "No.No, you haven't done anything wrong. Actually, I don't know if you have done anything wrong. Have you?" I rambled on. The woman looked at me. "Not that I'm aware of."

"Ohh okay, that's good, because otherwise this would be awkward." I continued. "Um, sorry to burst your bubble sir, but this is already awkward." She added. Kensi laughed. "I'm sorry Mrs Holthbert, my partner doesn't cope well with these types of situations. Well, to be honest, he doesn't cope well with any situations." Kensi joked. "Ouch! That hurts, right here!" I replied, holding my hands over my heart. The woman laughed. "Okay so, the reason we are here, is because we have some bad news concerning your husband, Alec Holthbert." Kensi started. The womans face suddenly went from very cheerful, to very worried. "What? Is my husband okay?"

"I'm sorry to inform you Mrs Holthbert, but your husband was murdered last night." Kensi informed. The woman tripped in shock and started crying. I feel really awkward now. I can't even begin to understand what she must be feeling now, but then again, if something were to happen to Kensi, I would be the same. I love Kensi, but the thing that brakes my heart, is that she doesn't even know and she will never feel the same way about me. She spends half her life teasing me and punching me. It's clear that she doesn't like me. At least, not in the same way that I like her.

"I know this is a very hard time for you, Mrs Holthbert. But is there anyone you can think of, that would want to hurt your husband?" I asked, finally stepping out of my thoughts. "Um, no. I mean, not that I can think of. Everyone loved Alec. I can't believe someone would do this." She replied, between sobs.

"Okay. We will catch who ever did this. If you think of anything that will help, give me a call." Kensi finished, handing the woman a card with Kensi's number on it.

"Ohh wait! Um, I don't know if this is helpful, but Alec was always going on about this guy.....Yu Ching... I think it was. Yeah, Alec kept saying how this guy was always asking him for information, but I'm not sure what kind of information." The woman added, stopping me and Kensi from walking out the door. "Okay. Thank you. That was very helpful." Kensi replied. We may have just found our man!

Kensi and I walked out to Kensi's car. She turned on the engine and started driving, once we had both gotten in the car and put our seat belts on. I pulled out my phone and dialled ops.

"Hey, Eric. We got a name. Alec's wife said that there was a guy, hassling Alec to give him some information. Yu Ching." I informed. "Okay, Yu Ching. Yep, Yu Ching. He works for the Chinese Intelligence Agency. His record stated that he was arrested for both, assult and burgulary. The CAPF wanted to arrest him for murder in nineteen-eighty-nine but they didn't have enough evidence to proceed." Eric informed. "Okay, thanks Eric. We're on our way back now." I stated, switching my phone screen off.

When we pulled up to ops, we noticed Sam and Callen were already back. We walked inside and went straight to ops. "Hey." I greeted. No body replied. These people are so mean! "Okay, so we know lieutenant Alec Holthbert was murdered because he had clandestine information. But what was so important, that someone would kill to find out?" Sam asked.

"Maybe it's not about what someone would kill to find out, maybe it's what someone didn't want to get out." Callen suggested. "Okay, so Alec knew something he shouldn't have and he was killed so nobody else found out?" Kensi questioned. "It's possible.But we won't know for sure, until we know where Yu Ching is." Callen responded. "Eric, can you pull up the footage from when the crime scene took place?" Sam asked, as Eric clicked a few buttons and played the footage. "There. That car. Someone was following him." He added. "Okay, running through kaleidoscope n-" Eric Started. We all looked and him, he was frozen in his spot, staring at the door, his jaw dropped. Everyone turned around and was just as shocked as Eric.