"No, but I wanted to check in before I head out to a job."

"Ah, the situation is that bad, huh?" I grumbled, then pouted when he nodded.

I sighed aloud, then kissed his cheek and bit into the curve of his jaw. My man hummed and kissed my knuckles with a smirk because he received a visible claim on his body.

"I should be back in a couple of hours."

"All right. Stay safe, Aimé."

"Thank you, Rayiys Theo. I love you."

I tilted my head back and smiled at him. "I love you, too."

He pecked my lips, then reluctantly retreated from the room. Basile let out a silent breath, relief clear as day on his face. Corbin looked much more relaxed as well.

"Is something wrong?"

Basile glanced up with a small smile. "You really are a perfect match for my brother."

I blushed. "Th-thank you, but why do you say that?"

"You aren't bothered by the bloodlust in his eyes and the aura of death around him." he whispered, rubbing his arms. "I couldn't watch his matches. I was too scared."

I frowned, then chuckled. "Even though opposites oftentimes attract, Aimé and I were cut from the same cloth. Because of that, we match each other in ways that opposites clearly cannot."

Basile eyed me. "I can't feel any desire to kill from you or sense those who have died by your hand."

Corbin jumped a bit on his seat. "Basile is really sensitive towards stuff like that, so Mom and Dad use him as a lie detector of sorts while doing business transactions."

I hummed and nodded. "While I say that we're cut from the same cloth, I can't say that killing someone is first on my list of priorities when the person has wronged me. Now, if the person tries to attack me first, then that's another story."

Basile closed his eyes. "I know. I saw the video that showed you extracting information from that guy belonging to the Ivory Tigers. My brother would have done far worse and then killed him."

I shrugged. "To each his own."

Corbin looked at me with amazement. "You really are unfazed by my brother. I think that's really surprising."

I chuckled, ruffling his hair. "I love your brother, Corbin, and I have seen a lot. Not only of your brother's accomplishments, but also of my own family's events. My uncle from my mother's side repeatedly raped me when I was a toddler, so Papa threw a unique event for his torture and execution."

Corbin swallowed thickly and Basile inhaled sharply when a cruel smile played on my lips.

"The anger in our family was palpable that day. It was heightened by the fact he cooperated with my grandmother to try to have me as his own while she wanted to kill me. So really, Corbin, don't thank me for anything. I was the reason you were taken and put in danger."

Corbin shook his head, clutching his knees. "You didn't do anything wrong. They're the ones at fault!" he exclaimed, his bottom lip trembling as he looked at me.

I reached over and patted his head. "Thanks, bud."

Corbin clenched his jaw and jumped up, then rushed out of the room. I sighed and took my mug again, then sipped at the warm liquid. Basile set his drink aside and joined me on the sofa at my right side where his little brother had been mere seconds beforehand.

"Would you tell me what happened to the man who hurt you?"

I smiled and patted his head as well. "If you can handle it, then yes."