32: Barry im not okay

Start from the beginning

"Eve!" I hear Barry yell knocking on my door.

"What?!" I yell back groaning as I run my eyes.

"JJ is here to bring you to school!" He yells.

Shit. School! I totally forgot I'm starting to go to school this year!

Ah yes. In 5th grade I dropped out of school to work for the business. Now I'm going back. Why? I don't know? To get the high school experience I guess.

I run out of bed and throw in a pair of jeans and one of JJ's T-Shirts, I then comb my hair and throw it into a low pony and lastly I brush my teeth and put on some mascara.

"Eve. I'm coming in." JJ says. He opens the door and looks at me.

"Hi. I'm ready." I say. He walks up to me and grabs my face to connect our lips. I smile into the kiss as we both pull away.

"What was that for?" I ask.

"Can't I kiss my girlfriend?" He asks with a smile.

"What did you do?" I ask him dropping my smile.

He sighs and begins to start talking. "I got fired for telling those petty kooks the truth."

"Oh JJ." I say grabbing his face. "I tried to tell Shoupe the truth. No one is gonna believe us, ever. We just have ti get used to it." He nods his head yea as he grabs my waist and kisses me again before grabbing my hand and walking me to the car.

"I feel like people are staring at us." Kie says as we all walk into the school. We walk to the memorial for John B that's at the front of the school.

"Guys, I can't be late." Pope says walking away.

"Hey. Hey. We gotta stick together." Kie says stopping him. JJ and I look at eachother confused.

I grab JJ's hand as Kie grabs Popes. Kie and I connect arms as we walk into the school.

I'm sat in class writing down stupid notes. My phone dings as does 3 others. I look to my friends to see they all got a notification to.

"Whose phone was that? Nobody?" The teacher says. "You will be tested."

I grab my phone and look at the notification. I see a message from a random person. I open it and see a photo of John B and Sarah. I see JJ go over to Kie and Pope as they look at me.

"I'm gonna be sick." I say standing up as everyone looks at me. I start to walk out of the classroom before the teacher stops me. "Sir I am on my period. This is very sexist of you to be stopping me for something I can't help." I state looking at him.

"I'm sorry, please go." He says letting me leave. I hear Pope, JJ, and Kie run out after me.

"We can go to the courtyard." Kie says as I run there. I hear JJ fall as the janitor yells at us. "I mean, is that even possible?  I mean, Shoupe said that they didn't make it. He said that."

"Okay, but I... I think we're overreacting, cause we can't rule out the possibility  that this could all be some kind of weird, cruel hoax." Pope says as we all sit down.

"I'm just gonna ask." Kie says.

"What if it's actually him, though?" JJ asks.

"Then I don't know, okay? I don't know." Kie says freaking out.

I look down at my phone to see Kie typing.

"WTF is this you???"

"He responded?" Pope asks.

"He's typing.  He's typing." I look down at my phone to the sound of a ding.

"Is Eve there?"

"That's Sarah. That's gotta be Sarah." I say. I quickly text back.

"Yea I'm here"

"Frosty Tips and druggie or dumb and dumber?"

I laugh at the text as I look at them.

"It's them! That's them!"

"Who is that even about?" Kie says laughing and crying while hugging me.

"Our Ex's and boyfriend's." I say also crying and laughing.

"Did you pimp my short board?"

I see JJ smile as we all laugh at the text. JJ takes off his hat and cheers.

"Laying super low in Nassau." Kie reads the text. "How the hell did they get to the Bahamas?"

"Okay. You can't k*ll a Pogue, dude." JJ says still smiling.

"Especially John B." Pope adds.

"Can you clear my name? Wanna come home"

"Hell, yeah, we'll clear your name, boy." JJ says.

"Be in touch. P4L." Kie says reading off the last text.

"P4L, man! That's what I'm talking about!" JJ says as he goes to stand on the table. He then yells, "P4L, baby!" He then gets down and spins me around as we all laugh.

"So we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asks as we are on the dock by the Wreck.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope says being reasonable.

"John B will get nabbed sooner or later.  So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday."

"I'll tell you how we do it." JJ says pacing.

"So you have it all planned out?" Pope asks.

"As a matter of fact, I do.  We kidnap Rafe."

"I'm sorry, what?" Pope questions.

"We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the g*n in his mouth  and just wait till he starts squawking."

"You know, torture's a war crime." Kie says not liking the plan.

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name  from a prison cell? Because that's a felony." Pope adds.

"All right, well, what do you got, Pope?  I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop, and we're done." JJ says shrugging his shoulders.

"Guys, all we need is a material witness.  We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads  with the gold inside of it.  He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were there on the tarmac.  They saw Peterkin get m*rder.  We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record." Pope says telling us his plan.

"That might actually work." I say smiling.

"How do we do that?" Kie asks.

"A little light espionage." Pope says shrugging his shoulders.

"A little ghost recon." JJ adds putting his hat on.

"Woogity-woogity." Pope says as we do the handshake.

1658 words! A little sad but it gets better in the end.

Please tell someone if you feel like ending it all. Get help, you have so much to live for.