Chapter 20

It was the next day after I witnessed JJ technically cheating on me, I still couldn't believe it. And while normally I would just sit in my bed all day and not talk to anyone, I wanted to make sure he knew what he was missing.

Midsummer's was tonight and JJ was meant to meet me there, as my date. But now he probably thinks I'm not even gonna go but I'm definitely going.

I wore a pink silk dress that went all the way to my ankles, but it had a slit a little above mid thigh. I slipped on a pair of white high heels because that's the only formal shoes I had that would match.

I showed up to midsummer's and instantly saw JJ and my heart just stopped beating. I still loved JJ and nothing would ever change that, well most things.

I was debating if I should talk to him about it but then I saw kie go up to him and place her hand on his arm and smile at him.

Instead, I decided to walk past them like they were invisible and I'm glad I did because after that JJ couldn't stop staring.

I was getting a drink because John b and Sarah were somewhere and so was JJ and kie and pope was probably helping his dad.

"hey y/n" I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and it was Rafe. I gave him a friendly smile, "hey".

"I know what happened with JJ and I'm really sorry." He said, he was trying to be more like a friend then I guy I used to be with.

"wow the island is really that small huh" I said with a small fake chuckle.

"listen, I didn't mean to yell and call you hot that one night. I mean you really are and your gorgeous but I shouldn't have just yelled out and called you hot because I was jealous." he said to me, he was being really genuine too and it was really sweet.

"it's okay rafe, seriously" I said reassuring him he had nothing to worry about.

After that we kept talking and sharing laughs. It was nothing more than just a friendly talk. It felt really good to have someone to talk to about something other than my love life which was going down hill.