"In any case, my son wants you to stay safe. It is likely that some may get injured, but life-threatening wounds and or deaths are apparently not allowed. Personally, I do not want my own men killed in the line of duty. Do listen to Theodore and focus. Do not get lost in your thoughts."

"Sir, yes sir!" they shouted again.

Papa approached the front door and stated, "Choose now whether you will stay or go."

Trent hung back, still not completely healthy. I thanked him for it with a small side hug. He ruffled my hair.

"I promised to rest and get better, Teddy. I would cause more problems going if I suddenly coughed and revealed our positioning."

"True," I replied with a laugh.

Aimé curled down and rested his chin on my shoulder, curling his arms around my waist. Trent was a bit spooked by my man's sudden appearance, so he had a bit of a coughing fit. I rubbed Trent's back until he managed to calm down. Aimé said nothing, just content to hold me while the people were being chosen. I turned my head and kissed his cheek, which made his lips curl up in a pleased smile. He tucked his head down and mumbled something again.

"What are you mumbling about?"

He pouted. "Not telling you." He childishly stuck his tongue out, so I licked it.

He stiffened. "You tease." he whined, tugging my body to flatten it against his own. "You know we can't do anything until we come back."

I giggled, reaching up to ruffle his sand-blond waves. "Yep, but remember the mission. Don't focus on me."

"Not happening. You are always my sole focus, Theo. Everything I do is for your sake."

"But what about you? Aimè, I don't know what I'd do if you got injured or di—mm." I was shushed with a gentle kiss.

"Don't worry about me, Rayiys Theo. I'm well-trained. Sir Lionel has tasked me to protect you if anything goes wrong."

I clenched my jaw but said nothing. There's no way I'm going to let my man get hurt.

Aimé nuzzled my cheek, tucking his head down again. "I love you."

I sighed aloud, tension releasing from my body. "I love you, too."

"It looks like it's almost time to go," he murmured.

"Then let's go and get those sons of bitches." I cracked an evil grin. "They won't be able to pay for what they've done by pissing off not only us, but the Crimson Ravens as well."

"And my family, so the Golden Cobras will be supporting through my presence," added Aimé, straightening to his full height. He cracked his back and neck, then let out a breath.

I looked up at my handsome, scary man. Aimé flushed when he noticed my intense gaze. Okay, he's my adorable man, too.

My offered hand was taken and we walked towards my papa. Papa kissed my head and patted Aimé's shoulder.

"Let's go."

__________________________

Dread sunk to the pit of my stomach when I noticed the familiar area. Aimé noticed my face paling, but he couldn't figure out why I looked so ill.

"Papa," I started, startling Caleb and Xavier, who were in the vehicle as well.

Papa turned his head and squeezed my cold, clammy hand. "Yes, Theodore?"

"Did you ever find out who started the Ivory Tigers?"

He shook his head. "The whole gang is shrouded in mystery. It's true that they are brutal, but something is off."