Days Gone Bye

Season 1, Episode: 01

"Y/N, the doctor is looking for you. Room 101" a voice behind me said, "Oh, thanks Lucy. I'll head there now." I said with a smile, she nods and I make my way towards the room. I knocked on the door, "Come in." the voice said and I entered. "You asked for me?" I asked as I shut the door, "I missed you." I looked up, "Max?!" I yelled as I ran to his arms and he held me. "How did you--" "I asked for permission, obviously and surprisingly they allowed me. I asked your coworker Lucy for help and luckily this room isn't occupied." he says and I look up at him. He looks down at me and kisses me, "When are you on your break, so we can catch up?" he asks, "In 10." "Great, ill call you." he says and we both exit the room, "Ill see you later, then." I gave him a peck, he smiles and walks to the entrance.

"Hes a keeper." I looked behind me and saw Lucy, "Hey and yeah, I love him. Thanks for going with his plan." I smiled at her, "Of course, also we are assigned to take care of a patient." "Lead the way." we both walked to the room and talked along the way. "Ron, its Nurse Lucy and Nurse Y/N. We'll be coming in." She says as she waits for a while and opens the door. We saw Ron laying down, his back turn to us. "I guess he's still sleeping, can you get the breakfast tray?" Lucy asks me, "Of course, ill be back." I said as I left the room and walked towards the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was surprisingly empty, "This isn't weird..." I mumbled and at the table I saw the breakfast trays lined up. I grabbed one but then heard yelling in the kitchen. I quickly ran towards the kitchen, to see a horrific sight causing me to drop the tray. "W-walkers...r-ru..." The cook gargled on his blood as a 'walker' was eating him. I yelled out of fear and quickly ran out, "Help! Someone, Security!" I ran towards the halls and saw security, "T-theres an emergency, th-the kitchen!" I stuttered out, the security quickly ran to the kitchen and I ran towards Ron's rom.

"Lucy! Something bad--" I opened the door to see Ron bitting Lucy's neck, I stopped in fear. "R-run Y-N!" She yelled out, I ran out of the room and as I kept running, hell broke loose. Everyone was running, there were dead bodies on the ground, blood everywhere. I quickly pulled out my phone and called Max, "Please pick up!" I cried out as I ran out of the building. Outside was even worse, walkers everywhere, dead bodies.

I then heard a car horn, I turned and saw Max. "Hurry!" he yelled and I quickly ran towards the car and got inside. "Are you okay?!" He asks as he drove and checked my face. "Im..Im okay. What even happened?" I asked as I let out a shaky breath . "I don't know, I was going to get you a coffee but then people started to scream and I saw this guy eating someone...I dropped everything, got in the car to get you." he says as he kept driving, "Where are we even going?" I asked, "Out of the city, and then we'll see from there." Max said and I nod, I then turned on the radio.

"This is a message to everyone who is listening, reports are coming in, saying that there has been a disease, sickness....Its causing people to act like the dead, it is spreading quickly. Please get to any area that is safe, if it is possible, go to Atlanta. Its the safest option but if you do have any other place that is safe, please go there. God bless us all. "

"Looks like we're heading to Atlanta." Max says, "How about gas?" I asked, "We'll make pitstops, the first store we see. We'll raid it." "Okay.." I said as I looked out of the window and Max held my hand. "We'll get through this together. No matter what." He reassures me, I looked at him with a smile and held his hand tighter.

___

As we continued on our journey, we collected a supplies, food and luckily gas. It was now night and we were closer to Atlanta. "So you almost got fired?" I asked as I laughed, "On my first day! It was crazy." Max said with a smile. "Im just glad that I'm with you again." he continues, "Me too." I smiled and we saw a bunch of cars up ahead on the highway. "Looks like we aren't alone." I said and Max stopped the car. We saw a bunch of people waiting both inside and outside their cars, "Stay here, ill ask around." I said as I exited the car, "Be careful, ima check the map to see where to go from here." he says and I nod as I closed the door. I walked around and saw a lady with her son and a cop. I quickly walked over to them, "Uhm excuse me!" I said as I was now in front of them.

"Can we help you?" the cop asked, "Yes actually. Since your a cop, do you know what's going on? Has the cars moved?" I asked. "They haven't moved recently, we have been waiting for a while as well. Did you come alone?" The lady asked. "No, I came with my boyfriend. My name is Y/N." I said as I held my hand out, "Lori, this is my son Carl." Lori says as she shakes my hand, "Shane." the cop says as he also shook my hand. "Nice to meet you all." I said with a smile. "I hope this isn't too sudden, but we wanted to make a group. Find people, that we can help. We know a safe place to camp in. Would you help us?" Lori asked, "Of course." "Great, I'll just ask around. If anyone knows what's holding up." Shane says.

Me, Lori and Carl went to people to convinced them but some would ignore us or aren't interested. "Let's try that lady." I said and we head towards her. "Hello." I said with a smile, "Oh, hello! Do you need anything?" She asked, she had short, grey hair but what was most noticeable was the faded bruises on her face. Me and Lori looked at each other as we knew. "We are actually here to help, we know a safe place to camp." Lori says. "Mom, look they have snacks." Carl says as he pointed at the car.

"Would you like some?" A little girl asked Carl and he nods. "This is my little girl Sophia, I'm Carol." She says and I shook her hand. "Nice to meet you Carol, I'm Y/N, this is Lori and Carl." I introduced them. "Sophia why are you handing out food!" A man angrily said, "Ed, the boy was hungry, an—"  "They can get they own food." Ed says. "I'm sorry.." Carol turns to us. "No worries, the offer still stands. Our car is right there." Lori points at her car and Carol nods. "Thank you." She smiles and we go back to Lori's car.

"I'd say that was successful." She smiles, "Not bad, at least we got someone." I said and Shane came back. "Something bad is happening!" He quickly says, he was gonna continue until we heard helicopters above us heading to Atlanta. We kept looking and saw an explosion go off. "Y/N! Are you okay?" I heard Max yell as he quickly came towards me. "We need to get to the Quarry." Lori says. "Who are these—"  "Ill explain when we're safe. We'll follow you." I said and saw Carol come towards us. "Is the offer open?" She asks. "Of course! Just follow us." Lori says and we all got into our cars and followed them.
_____

Hope you enjoy this book, I wanted to remake it and so far, I'm liking how it's going. I hope you enjoy too! 🤍