Chapter 52

GANG ATTACK GONE WRONG: THE EYE IS FOUND DEAD

13th May 2023: In a surprising turn of events, The Eye is found dead in a building on the outskirts of Seoul. Late Wednesday evening, the police were called about a gang fight in progress. When they arrived, they found 20+ dead civilians along with the body of a man that has been identified as The Eye by previously affiliated members. The dead civilians all had known criminal histories, so the police commissioner has labelled this a gang attack gone wrong. Click here for more...

CRIME DECREASES

16th June 2023: The police commissioner has come forward with some good news for the public concerning crime statistics. Over the past month, crime has decreased dramatically. Concerning these statistics, the police commissioner had this to say:

"I think we have the new funding policies and legislations to thank for this decrease in crime. We just hope that crime will continue to decrease, or continue to flow at such a manageable level," Click here for more...

CORRUPTION ON THE RISE

17th June 2023: South Korea has found itself amid a corruption increase as more government officials and corporate CEOs are apprehended. In the past month, 5 high stature members of society have been arrested for a variety of different crimes, including embezzlement, corruption, human trafficking, and many more.

A spokesperson for the government had this to say:

"We are in the process of auditing and investigating our workers and officials based on these claims,"

However, a statistician and journalist had this to say:

"Corruption isn't increasing, accountability is increasing," Click here for more...

. . . . . 

...1 month after the attack...

"How are you feeling?" Yoongi asks, leaning back in his seat as he sips his coffee. His sunglasses glint in the sun as he tilts his head to take in the warmth, a cool breeze gracing them.

"Pretty good," Taehyung replies, sighing deeply, "I've never felt better, honestly,"

They are sitting out the front of their favourite café, enjoying their brief lunch break. Taehyung would rather be enjoying this time with Luna, but it is hard for them to organise lunch breaks now that she doesn't work with them. Luckily, spending this time with Yoongi has strengthened their friendship, creating a strong bond between them.

"Same, honestly," Yoongi chuckles, "Work has been easier, yet more enjoyable. I've become stronger, healthier, and more aware. It's great. How is your training going?"

"I love it," Taehyung grins, "Ever since I lasted 2 minutes in that fight with Faith, I've become famous at the Training centre,"

Yoongi grins, recalling the moment he realised he had won the bet. Luna looked pretty annoyed that Taehyung lasted so long, but also proud of him for coming so far. But she has started training more, especially after she received more sparring requests.

"Have you needed to go to church for any of your cases?" Taehyung asks, grinning. Yoongi rolls his eyes, taking a sip from his coffee before responding.