Chapter 22

"Hey, do you have anything planned for the day?" Jimin asks as Luna leaves her room. He is standing just inside the bathroom, his hair damp from the shower.

"Nope, why?" Luna responds sharply, causing Jimin to raise his eyebrows.

"No assessments?" He smirks.

"Nope, I only have one left to submit for the term, and a few exams this week and next week, but I am pretty confident," She shrugs.

"You were pretty confident for the last one too," He pinches his lips together, "What score did you get again?" She glares playfully at him while he snickers at her.

"That one had a trick question," She pouts, "Jerk,"

"Anyway, want to watch something? I am bored," He chuckles, stepping out of the bathroom and sliding his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah, sure,"

Luna follows Jimin into the living room. He flops onto to sofa and begins the process of picking something to watch. Luna prepares some snacks and drinks, bringing them into the living room. As soon as she does, her phone beeps.

She pulls it out, glaring down at the screen.

TAE: Hey, can we talk?

Jimin clears his throat, grabbing her attention.

"Who is it?"

"No one important," She snaps, sitting on the sofa beside him.

Jimin shrugs before gesturing to the screen.

"Do you want to watch this?" He asks.

On the TV is an old action romance drama, one that Luna used to watch a lot back when she was younger. She grins, nodding her head vigorously. He chuckles at her enthusiasm, playing the drama.

During the entire first episode, her phone chirps a few more times. Each time it vibrates, Jimin glances at her but doesn't say anything. At the end of the first episode, she checks her phone to find 4 messages from Taehyung. She groans with frustration and reads them.

TAE: Please don't ignore me.

TAE: Please?

TAE: We really need to talk.

TAE: I'm coming over.

The last message was sent 5 minutes ago. As she finishes reading it, she hears the front door open.

What? Why does he have the pin? How did he get in?

"Hey, guys!" Hoseok's voice rings through the house, "Look who I ran into,"

He moves into the living room, shouldering a backpack and covered in dirt, Taehyung right behind him. Jimin looks from Luna to Taehyung and back again. He appears to be gauging Luna's reaction, waiting for something to happen. Luna frowns and folds her arms, looking back at the TV.

"Hey Hobi," Luna mutters, "Want to play the next episode, Jimin?"

The living area is immediately covered in a blanket of electricity, the tension rising between them. Hoseok looks from Luna to Taehyung and back again. Taehyung is standing there firmly, his jaw tense and his eyes only on Luna.

"Uh... I am sensing that I have done something wrong..." Hoseok clears his throat, "So I am going to go have a shower," He quickly scurries across the living room and down to his bedroom, leaving Jimin, Luna and Taehyung to stew in the deafening silence.