Chapter 38

TW: Explicit Violence

"I want his number," Namjoon mutters, glaring down at the crumpled form in front of him.

"You think I'm stupid? You'll kill me if I give it to you!" The man spits, blood dribbling down the front of his booze-soaked shirt, his hands and legs bound to the chair he has been placed on for this interrogation. Namjoon kneels in front of him and sighs.

"Maybe," Namjoon smiles, "But I can make it seem like I've killed you,"

The man's expression shifts, considering this suggestion.

"Why would you do that...?" The man mumbles casually, but he is too easy to read. Low-life criminals like this always are. He likes the suggestion. Living selfishly.

"Because I am not Grim," Namjoon mutters darkly, "I am RM, and The Reapers have had a shift in priorities. Your boss has taken something from me, but you haven't, so you don't need to die,"

He blinks, before replacing his expression with a grin.

"So... you can make it so that The Eye doesn't even know I snitched?"

"He would think you are dead," Namjoon confirms, "So, his number?"

The man considers this for a moment, his brain ticking through all the information he knows about his boss and RM. He comes to a decision.

"Fine," The man grumbles, "I have your word?"

"Of course," Namjoon gestures for some men to untie the criminal. He rubs his wrists tentatively, watching Namjoon warily.

"It's in my contacts," The man nods towards his stained bag, "Under My Lovely daughter,"

Namjoon scoffs, admiring the naming system. He grabs the phone and looks for the contact. Maintaining eye contact, he presses call, putting the phone on speaker. The man's eyes widen, looking at Namjoon like he has gone crazy. Namjoon lifts his finger, gesturing for the man to stay silent.

After a few rings, someone answers.

"What is it?" A tired voice asks.

"Is this The Eye?" Namjoon asks. The voice is silent for a moment before Namjoon hears what sounds like a dark chuckle.

"RM? Is that you?" He laughs again, "You took your time... where is my associate?"

"Dead, of course," RM smirks, "Where are you?"

"Just working, as usual," He sighs, "I assume you want to meet?"

"We have a lot to talk about," Namjoon smirks, "I'll text you a time and location,"

"Please take into consideration my work schedule," he replies casually, "But, sure, I'll entertain the idea of negotiations,"

"On your own," Namjoon says sternly.

"How about, I bring a friend, and you bring a friend?"

"Sure,"

"Great, talk soon,"

"See you soon," Namjoon mutters, hanging up. He pockets the phone before returning his attention to the blood-soaked man.

"Thanks," The man grins, "I could always work for you, you know,"

Namjoon continues to watch him, smirking slightly.

They never learn, do they?

He looks at his men and gestures to him. They pounce forward, restraining the man. His eyes widen, the realisation of betrayal hitting him like a truck.