Chapter 13

TW: SA (rape) Mentioned - Sections marked with TW

Taehyung:

Beep, Beep, Beep.

Taehyung's eyes flutter open, staring at the ceiling as his alarm continues to blare at him, telling him to wake up.

He groans, rolling over to shut it off, cursing himself for not remembering to turn it off yesterday.

"It's too early," He pouts, tapping the screen absentmindedly. Eventually, it turns off as he manages to press the correct button.

He rolls onto his back, staring at the little imperfections on his ceiling, pondering the day ahead.

I could study today.

He begins tabulating what assessments he has and when his next exams are. Sure, he could study for the exam next week, but he's pretty confident he will do well on that one. He could start that other assessment, but that's not due for another month. He's up to date on everything.

I could watch that drama today.

He sits up in bed, a grin spreading across his face as he recalls the drama. There are only 2 episodes left, and the last episode ended on a cliffhanger.

Just as he decides to just watch TV for the day, he realises why he hasn't finished it.

"Ahh," He sighs, "That's the one I started with Luna,"

He bites his lip, recalling the day they first started watching it. Her pink cheeks, her darting eyes, her little giggles when the cheesy scenes overwhelmed her. Sure, she was blushing because she was thinking about Jimin, but it was still cute. The last time she was over they watched 2 episodes together, the day she told him about Jungkook.

He can't stop thinking about her. Every single moment they spent together since the day he first spoke to her. When he first saw her, he knew he had to talk to her. She was cute and fiercely independent. Just his style.

Sure, he didn't realise he approached her because of that. He really just found her interesting and different. It wasn't until that day on the sofa when she was staring at him, her cheeks blushing more and more the longer she stared; the day they were arguing about that movie she likes, that's when he realised. He likes her, a lot.

But she's paranoid, distant, and closed off. As she started to open up a little, he could see the hidden trauma in her eyes. The untold truths and locked away secrets. He wants to go searching through her subconscious just to see what's there. What happened to make her so worried that he was following her? Why does she have such a rough and jagged personality? Why was she so intent on pushing him away?

But, more importantly, why is it that he had to fall for a girl who obviously likes someone else? He's seen how she looks at Jimin, and how he looks at her. There is no way they don't like each other.

Now, there is her ex-boyfriend. He follows her around like a lost puppy. He can't stand it. He's tall and attractive. A lot of the other students have commented on his handsomeness.

It was only Wednesday, a few days ago, that he walked in on him cuddling up to her in that empty classroom. He didn't mean to take his anger out of her, but he just felt so hurt and jealous. Once she called him out on his jealousy, he panicked. He didn't want to tell her his feelings. What if she rejects him brutally and cruelly?